• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I'll say one thing about the other side, they are much better at creating and using labels than we are.

Assault weapon
    High capacity magazine
    Gun Nuts

What label do we use for them?
    "Antis"

I will now be using the label "Radical Gun Banners" when referring to the other side.

Phil I Am

Sep 16, 2009
    Loudoun County, Virginia.
    That is so true and just on 2A issues. The left really no how to label an issue and attack. They are also really good at never easing up on that attack either. These are all lessons the left has mastered from Saul Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals. Obama is a follower and teacher of Alinsky's methodologies

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Yesterday while in Annapolis I went to one of the MSI lead classes, "Be a Better Second Amendment Advocate"! The class was lead by Greg and he had some great points about what should and should not be used when speaking about 2A.
    One of the first thing he stated was read the book, " Rules for Radicals".
    We all need to read that book to help us.

I found the book for free on Google books. HERE

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Uninformed Douchebags.

Schew, that sounds a little harsh when I read it back to myself.

How about just Douschenozzles.:shrug:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Here are a few I can think of: Liberty Haters, Freedom Haters, Aspiring Slave Owners, Pro-Slavery, Enemies of Self-Defense, Wardens, God Haters.

Play by their rules. Play dirty.

ocsnapper

Nov 17, 2012
    Pittsville
    When I grow up I was told not to call people names, how come it seems that the left and most nuts out there do this to promote there causes. While other people that are just trying to protect there rights, show more morals and understanding of those that are different or have a different view on things..

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    When I grow up I was told not to call people names, how come it seems that the left and most nuts out there do this to promote there causes. While other people that are just trying to protect there rights, show more morals and understanding of those that are different or have a different view on things..

Because it's in Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals:

RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
    RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    RULE 10: "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is the unceasing pressure that will result in the reaction of the opposition that is essential for the success of the campaign.
    RULE 11: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    RULE 12: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    RULE 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

cyrano_oneone

Dec 15, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    I'll say one thing about the other side, they are much better at creating and using labels than we are.

Assault weapon
    High capacity magazine
    Gun Nuts

What label do we use for them?
    "Antis"

I will now be using the label "Radical Gun Banners" when referring to the other side.

How about we call them "Victims"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom