• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    So the wife and I recently moved out of the communist county of Montgomery into Frederick county(just). And recently we heard what sounded like a gun range with multiple shooters.

Are there any ranges within earshot of the Monrovia/green valley area?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So the wife and I recently moved out of the communist county of Montgomery into Frederick county(just). And recently we heard what sounded like a gun range with multiple shooters.

Are there any ranges within earshot of the Monrovia/green valley area?

Probably someone just having fun on a farm. My little cul-de-sac is .25mi on the MoCo side of the line and we hear local farmers over on the other side of the line having a great time on the regular.

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    There's a guy that shoots on the weekends in Monrovia. I would guess from the direction he's probably off of Greystone Dr. Normally lots of hand gun firing, but sometimes he can break out some magnum sounding rifles. Are you in that general vicinity? I'm in the Mid County area and I can hear it well.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    That’s maybe three miles from me. I’m right off kemptown church. And sounded like other direction. I’ll listen more this coming weekend. Last weekend was all moving

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I hunt in the Ijamsville/ MONROVIA area. I hear someone shooting some full auto toys pretty often, while sitting in my tree stand. It sounds like it’s in the Prices distillery/ Ijamsville road area.? Every time I hear it my 15 year old son can hear it to from his stand a few hundred yards away from me. My son sends me a text, with something like “let’s head towards the gun shots, and make some new friends”
    Haha, cracks me up every time he sends it.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I hunt in the Ijamsville/ MONROVIA area. I hear someone shooting some full auto toys pretty often, while sitting in my tree stand. It sounds like it’s in the Prices distillery/ Ijamsville road area.? Every time I hear it my 15 year old son can hear it to from his stand a few hundred yards away from me. My son sends me a text, with something like “let’s head towards the gun shots, and make some new friends”
    Haha, cracks me up every time he sends it.

Sounds about right then. I need to make friends too.

Also need to start hunting so I can have it turned into jerky

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom