• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I know business owners can get their CCW, and it sounds like most are without restrictions these days.

Can a gun shop employee, NOT an owner, get a restricted or unrestricted CCW permit?

If so, what about a gun shop employee that's 'on-call' 24/7? Meaning, this shop take appointments and meets up to do sales/trades/business transactions/bank deposits at any given time or day.

MDS braintrust...GO!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know business owners can get their CCW, and it sounds like most are without restrictions these days.

Can a gun shop employee, NOT an owner, get a restricted or unrestricted CCW permit?

If so, what about a gun shop employee that's 'on-call' 24/7? Meaning, this shop take appointments and meets up to do sales/trades/business transactions/bank deposits at any given time or day.

MDS braintrust...GO!

Yes, the employees can get a permit if the shop wants the employee to carry. It will be restricted based on the the endorsement letter from the employer and the restrictions the MSP applies. It won't be unrestricted.

Some of these things might apply:
    Firearm Testing at Range
    Opening/Closing/Alarm Responses
    Trade/Gun Shows
    Sales Demo
    Appraisals
    Off-Site Purchases/Auctions
    Off-Site Gunsmith Pick-Up/Drop-Off
    Bank Deposits/Withdrawals
    Training Event

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Yes, the employees can get a permit if the shop wants the employee to carry. It will be restricted based on the the endorsement letter from the employer and the restrictions the MSP applies. It won't be unrestricted.

Some of these things might apply:

Firearm Testing at Range

Opening/Closing/Alarm Responses

Trade/Gun Shows

Sales Demo

Appraisals

Off-Site Purchases/Auctions

Off-Site Gunsmith Pick-Up/Drop-Off

Bank Deposits/Withdrawals

Training Event

You sir, have made my day.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I assume the employee would have to be on file with the shop? As in a 1099 or whatever an employer uses for tax purposes.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I assume the employee would have to be on file with the shop? As in a 1099 or whatever an employer uses for tax purposes.

It will likely get a little deeper than that.

From my experience (not in a LGS), they want a letter specifically stating that the owner of the business would like you to be armed while conducting business with/for them.

Like,... a note from your parents when you were in school kinda thing.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    It will likely get a little deeper than that.

From my experience (not in a LGS), they want a letter specifically stating that the owner of the business would like you to be armed while conducting business with/for them.

Like,... a note from your parents when you were in school kinda thing.

That's the easy part for me. I wasn't sure what official documentation was needed.

Edited.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's the easy part for me. It's the official paper trail that i wasn't sure was needed or not.

Glad to hear. I'd say anything (pay-stub, 1099, W2, contractual agreement, etc) should suffice.

For a small shop/cool owner it's easy. For the guy who works in another line of business and may have anti-2A people up the food chain it can be a stumbling block or wall.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Glad to hear. I'd say anything (pay-stub, 1099, W2, contractual agreement, etc) should suffice.

For a small shop/cool owner it's easy. For the guy who works in another line of business and may have anti-2A people up the food chain it can be a stumbling block or wall.

Getting the owners permission and a written contract of such is a no brainer.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Talking about "Under The Table" is a problem similar to talking about the fight club . I believe you can make either 499.00 or 500.00 per year without it being reported on tax forms , over that and someone would have some issues with that .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom