• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If enough firearm and ammo manufacturers said they won't sell to law enforcement for local and state agencies, these states would knock this crap off on short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Certain Agencies will do an extensive evaluation of ammo selections. Either on purpose to select what is best for their specific needs , or to establish themselves as "Influence Leader" amongst other Agencies .

And then the rest of the herd piggybacks their selection following one of a handfull of Agencies of national or regional reputation.

But in fairness, right now more than any other era , ammo marketed to the LE market is quite similar in performence, and none of the major brand offerings particularly suck . So closing their eyes and rolling a dice between major brands would still result in every LE Agency having effective and servicable ammunition.

So choices are often sucuessfully made on basis of either low bid , or which distributor gives best customer service .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think the FBI just selected Hornady Critical Defense for their round so I would expect others to follow suit.

Critical defense or critical duty? Critical defense is designed to only go 11 inches in gel, so I'd think it would be out from consideration from the getgo.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I stand corrected, got the wrong critical, but the FBI did go with them.
    No biggie, I never even heard they went with the hornady load and figured they were using gold dots or something. Critical defense could make more sense for any issued subcompacts they may use, since the duty line may start to fail to expand at lower velocities. Still, thanks for posting, since now I learned about them choosing the critical duty load. I gotta get me some more critical duty 45.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have had some of the Hornaday Custom 40 S&W 155gr XTP jam in my Glock 27 and my S&W40VE as well. Its almost like they will not load correctly when they get to the feed ramp in my pistols and load only halfway. It happens when I get halfway thru my mags while shooting them. So not sure if its a mag issue or the ammo itself. I am using Glock mags and S&W mags for my ammo. When i use FMJ ammo i have no trouble at all...

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    They should boycott NJ too. Our new governor is blckballing the gun industry worse than NY too.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Good on Hornady! Glad to see less explaining and appeasing and cajoling that isn't working. Perhaps its time for a loud and clearly communicated middle finger salute instead. If not now, then likely soon.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just by the way, from the Barrett website:
    Barrett will not sell to or service any California or New York government agencies.

Lest we forget who our friends are.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    This may seem like a stretch but why don't Gun owners across the country organize. Tell all Ammo Manufacturers, that we will not purchase any more ammo until state governments like CA, MD, MA, NY, IL, and any other rogue governments stop the banks and unconstitutional laws. Dry them up so bad they cannot even defend there states.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This may seem like a stretch but why don't Gun owners across the country organize.

You might have noticed how we here all agree on nearly everything.
    Should be a simple process, like herding feral cats.

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    ok? the ny state government doesn't care if hornady doesn't sell to them. i don't understand why people are rejoicing about this. there are plenty of other manufacturers that ny can buy from.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even if push came to shove over this, every Gov't agency in the country could be easily supplied by ATK .

The ammunition biz is just a small pimple to the overall ATK , which is primarily a defense contractor .

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    New York is open for business

This is what the Hornady Facebook page has posted earlier today. It doesn’t say who it was sent to but was probably a press release. Just the same as the above article.

Who does Gov. Andrew Cuomo think he is, telling New York banks and insurers to blackball the gun and ammo industry?

Steve Hornady, President of Hornady Manufacturing, responded:

"The State of New York did one of the most despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business with the gun and ammo industry. While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the Government of the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed."

Join Hornady in standing up for the rights of all Americans!

Just not Cuomo's kind of business ...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    ok? the ny state government doesn't care if hornady doesn't sell to them. i don't understand why people are rejoicing about this. there are plenty of other manufacturers that ny can buy from.

Hornady threw down the gauntlet, and I am sure that others will follow. Soon, NY will only be buying offshore, IF they buy at all ... and backfire on them because guns are bad they should prevent the State ability to finance them. If his edict is legal and enforceable, I can see banking institutions boycotting New York.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom