• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Please tell Connie for me that after 9/11, they armed the pilots to make planes safer. How about we do that in schools for teachers or administrators who so choose? Every teacher need not be armed for the plan to be effective. And remind her that there is no such thing as a gun-free zone. The only question is, how will we be able to respond when a bad guy with a gun shows up?

Agree. We need to harden schools and explain to the students how this will protect them more than any new laws. As I posted in another thread; we have teachers shielding students with their own bodies. Give these heroes a chance to save their lives as well. Fred55

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Colonel Ralph Peters just did. He could possibly be worse than Geritaldo. Completely unabashed wack job.

This is the same person during the commentary stated we need to start a naval blockade against North Korea. As a veteran I say he is full of it in regards to the blockade and his firearm comment. He was nothing but a desk jockey, still is a desk jockey. I spent more time in the field than he has in a chair.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    One of the biggest problems is apathetic gun owners. The 2nd Amendment may not get killed by anti-gun forces...it will be a suicide by not fighting back.

the slow drowning of the 2A will continue until it starts effecting every day gun owners and their duck guns, and then the push back will start and will end with the spilling of patriot blood.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    the slow drowning of the 2A will continue until it starts effecting every day gun owners and their duck guns, and then the push back will start and will end with the spilling of patriot blood.

Attachments

• Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 266
    • Lexington Annapolis.jpg
      Lexington Annapolis.jpg
      105.7 KB · Views: 261
    • Annapolis Tea Party.jpg
      Annapolis Tea Party.jpg
      130.2 KB · Views: 274

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

By then there will be nothing to push back with:mad54: People keep saying that the 2A is there to prevent a tyrannical govt take over and to protect the other amendments. Maybe what's meant is the "threat" of the 2A.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Currently the greatest threat to the second amendment is the guy in the oval office who told us he supported and then didn't. As he caves, he makes it very easy for everyone else in politics to cave.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Agreed. Where are the protests against the FBI. Parkland was preventable.

Not only the FBI - Broward County Sheriff received TWENTY tips on the shooter and his family over the past 10 years, including multiple people saying he had talked about shooting up a school. Sheriff, like the FBI, didn't bother to investigate. And even once the shooting started, there were FOUR Broward County deputies on site almost immediately (including one who was already there), but not one bothered to go inside to stop the shooter. No LEO went in until the Coral Springs PD showed up, after the shooting had already stopped.

This was entirely preventable if the FBI and/or Broward County Sheriff had done their job. Yet the outrage is against guns and law-abiding gun owners. Go figure.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Please tell Connie for me that after 9/11, they armed the pilots to make planes safer. How about we do that in schools for teachers or administrators who so choose? Every teacher need not be armed for the plan to be effective. And remind her that there is no such thing as a gun-free zone. The only question is, how will we be able to respond when a bad guy with a gun shows up?

This is a huge point that needs to be drilled into lawmakers and the citizens who elect them, alike.

There is no such thing as a gun-free zone, except in their own mind's eyes, desires and dreams. That's what they want the entire world to be, and they're willing to sacrifice some in the endless stride toward their utopian dream. And so long as people "disrespect" those "gun free zones", they have fodder to argue for more restrictions.

How are drug free zones working?

Why don't we simply have crime free zones?

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I think we (Pro 2a) are our worse enemy. It seem like we always give a little and when we take time to look at what right is left we say “how did we get to this position”.

Right now you have people that have been very pro 2a say: ban bump stocks, hardly anyone has them; make 21the legal age to buy any firearm; ban the AR15 its a Weapon of war. We are very fractured group. You have what some people on here call Fudds (who supposedly only care about shotguns and nothing else). You have people who are only interested in concealed carry and are very upset if someone wants to open carry (usually what is discussed is open carry person has a power trip or something). We have people on our side that love the NRA as well as those that hate them and prefer the Second Amendment Foundation.

We all have to realize that we are a small segment of society and we are fractured at that. Once we open our eyes and see that we all agree that the 2a is important and that is a bigger picture than our small piece of pie that we feel strongly about, we will be much better off and in my opinion a stronger group to reckon with.

Very succinctly put and all too true...

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    Very succinctly put and all too true...

Agree but we have to do something. I believe that BOTH sides are too rigid in there beliefs.

The NRA won't give on anything as they believe in the "slippery slope" analogy i.e. If will let them ban AR's, then it's all semi-auto's then it's all handguns, rifles, etc.

The anti-gunners agenda is that they do want all guns so they won't compromise. They think that banning ALL guns will solve the problems.

Someone else in the thread made a comment about Illegal drugs and how that hasn't stopped any deaths by banning them. Good point.

Our society needs to take a look at history. Banning and outlawing anything doesn't work. Look at Prohibition during the 1920's. It didn't stop anything. All it did was create a set of future problems with organized crime that we are still dealing with 100 years later.

I sometimes feel like the dinosaurs must of felt. They looked up into the sky and saw a tiny speck of light getting bigger and bigger. That's us. The speck is the oncoming anti-gun legislation. It's going to come and we can't stop it. Just like the comet was coming 65 million years ago. In the next generation us pro gunners will be just like the dinosaurs, extinct:sad20:

I don't have the answer, I wish I did :(

Just my 2 penny opinion

Mark T.

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    Greed, lack of critical thinking skills, emotion leading (rather than following ) intellect, belief without a firm foundation. Countering this poor an upbringing will require careful, diligent work.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Warren v. District of Columbia. ... Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine.

The police do not have to protect anyone and the supreme court says they are not to be held liable. We can't protect ourselves, they can't and won't protect us, so I agree that we have to continue to keep up the fight at every point in time.
    The left wants a living and breathing constitution that they can change at any time based on what they want and the Repubs just don't know what they want to do. It is really messed up, but I'd rather be here than in Venezuela!!

chipd

May 20, 2017
    The truth is that all of the school shooters were on prescribed pharmaceutical drugs like Ritalin when they shot up the schools. ALL of them. If parents are going to be drugging their children by the millions, we will always have school shootings. America has all the "assault weapons" you can buy for about 100 years now. That obviously isn't the problem. We didn't have regular school shootings until we started drugging the children - in the 90s. If we have 10s of millions of kids on pills that have side effects listed as "psychosis", we will have to shoot a few of them at least every year when they turn psychotic. Any children prescribed crazy pills should be in the NICS system until they can file an appeal. That is a practical solution.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Warren v. District of Columbia. ... Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine.

The police do not have to protect anyone and the supreme court says they are not to be held liable. We can't protect ourselves, they can't and won't protect us, so I agree that we have to continue to keep up the fight at every point in time.
    The left wants a living and breathing constitution that they can change at any time based on what they want and the Repubs just don't know what they want to do. It is really messed up, but I'd rather be here than in Venezuela!!
    It IS living and breathing to the extent that technologies grow and expand, it lives and breathes to take that into account. For instance, 1A was written to apply, at the time, to quill pen and ink pot, but today we have computers, printers and the internet. Because it lives and breathes, 1A now applies to these things as well. While the expressions or applications change, the PRINCIPLES carry forward unchanged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom