• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Picked this up the other day from a lady who’s house I’ve been helping clean out. It’s Sears Roebuck branded but from my research it’s the same model made by savage I think. It was quite dirty and the feeding mechanism was put back together wrong but once I cleaning it up and figured how it goes together the right way it cycles flawless. It’s a really neat rifle as far as the action goes. It fires semi auto but also can be manually cycled for shooting shorts and longs that won’t cycle the bolt. You can lock the bolt closed. Even more interesting is the bolt opens to eject the spent case in semi mode but does not release the bolt to chamber the next round until you release the trigger. It’s quite accurate also.

Only thing I don’t care for is the plastic stock. It is warped and has a cast off kinda like you would find on a target shotgun. I would like to find some wood for it.

Attachments

• 3E0BF17D-6445-4DEA-B359-EB2E1526175A.jpg
      3E0BF17D-6445-4DEA-B359-EB2E1526175A.jpg
      113.5 KB · Views: 287
    • B6DEA66B-4C8B-467D-82FE-04AC01261A5A.jpg
      B6DEA66B-4C8B-467D-82FE-04AC01261A5A.jpg
      128.4 KB · Views: 300

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    My 6a shoots well. It is from pre move to Conn. it has utica ny stamped on it. So like pre early 40’s. Love it. I want to do Appleseed with it. I need a scope for it but i need to check to see if it ready for one. Dont want to drill. Ftom my dad who used to squirrel hunt with it

atomix8

Nov 3, 2015
    Davidsonville
    Very cool find, it's good to see a gill gun get put back into use. These seem to have caught on a bit more in recent years, they were $100 guns all day long 10 years ago.

Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021
    Niiice piece of history and nostalgia there. Do I see a retractable sling on that stock? Does the rifle have a serial number? If not, it's likely from the 40's.

By the way, I finally found a bench messier than mine. Just kidding, mines worse.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Tenite is, oxymoronically, an organic plastic

Why is it an oxymoron?

Most plastics are organic. Organic means it based on living matter. Most plastics are derived from oil, which comes from living matter.

Tenite is a cellulose based plastic. And cellulose is definitely organic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom