• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I commented on regulations.gov.

Said how in the past the ATF said that Braces were legal and that I bought following THEIR guidance and now would potentially become a felon overnight. I bought my gun LEGALLY in good faith.
    Talked about the financial burden it would place because in MD with a pistol of 18.75”-23.5” it would be illegal to even SBR it…….. So it would have to be destroyed.

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    So about 79,000 self-identified candidates for the List.

Our Founding Fathers risked everything to bring us, in part, the Second Amendment. They put their freedom, their property, and their lives on the line for our rights.

If you are too afraid to even put your name on a comment list, you don't deserve these rights. Don't think for a second that it isn't that serious. Liberals would take your gun rights for as little as just thinking it would piss you off.

If you are trying to be cute or funny, you missed the mark.

If there really are something like 40 million arm braces out in the wild, there should be a minimum of 10 million comments!

Forgive me sounding angry but the left has had me really pissed off with their shenanigans for a while.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Brother, if I'm not already on "the list", they really aren't paying attention.

Yup. Right there with you.

We can’t bury our heads in the sand on this one. We need everyone to comment.
    https://www.regulations.gov/document/ATF-2021-0002-0001/comment

I've not noticed the government being persuaded by comments; it's like the "studies" they contract for - the outcome is known going in. This is just a paper exercise.

Our Founding Fathers risked everything to bring us, in part, the Second Amendment. They put their freedom, their property, and their lives on the line for our rights.

Agree.

If you are too afraid to even put your name on a comment list, you don't deserve these rights. Don't think for a second that it isn't that serious. Liberals would take your gun rights for as little as just thinking it would piss you off.

I have no doubt my face and name are out there.

If you are trying to be cute or funny, you missed the mark.

Too old to be cute. Just color me cynical and constantly disappointed. I think I hit that mark.

If there really are something like 40 million arm braces out in the wild, there should be a minimum of 10 million comments!

Forgive me sounding angry but the left has had me really pissed off with their shenanigans for a while.

You're not alone in your anger or disgust with this system.

I've been singing the horrors of registration tune for a long time; my throat is sore, and I'm no longer able to stay on key.

Now that everything is in the Great Computer, and traceable, it's as well to retain the perspective. There's no doubt in my mind that this comment thing will be mined for data, and filed away.

I also obviously doubt that any attention will be paid to it, come decision time. The levers that operate the government are not in our hands any more, though they may have been, once upon a time.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Yup. Right there with you.

I've not noticed the government being persuaded by comments; it's like the "studies" they contract for - the outcome is known going in. This is just a paper exercise.

I've been singing the horrors of registration tune for a long time; my throat is sore, and I'm no longer able to stay on key.

Now that everything is in the Great Computer, and traceable, it's as well to retain the perspective. There's no doubt in my mind that this comment thing will be mined for data, and filed away.

That's my point! Stand up and be counted! Let them have your name! Everyone needs to let them know BY NAME that we are sick of their BS!

You say you have been fighting the good fight and then publicly promote an attitude that would discourage a fence rider or undecided person from making an official comment. I am sorry that you chose to quit and be cynical when things get tough. So no, you missed the mark.

I wasn't directing my comment at you personally anyway. I was just venting at the situation.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That's my point! Stand up and be counted! Let them have your name! Everyone needs to let them know BY NAME that we are sick of their BS!

You say you have been fighting the good fight and then publicly promote an attitude that would discourage a fence rider or undecided person from making an official comment. I am sorry that you chose to quit and be cynical when things get tough. So no, you missed the mark.

I wasn't directing my comment at you personally anyway. I was just venting at the situation.

I get your point; but maybe a fence sitter owes it to himself to see the situation clearly, before leaping into the fray.

Because I don't buy into the utility of the "comment period" doesn't mean I've quit; also, cynicism is a valid lens through which to view reality - don't knock it.

Do what you feel is right. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

And don't worry, they've certainly got my name.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Wish I had this in larger format.

"In contrast to stocks on rifles or shotguns however, such 'stabilizing braces' are merely accessories and are not relevant to classification of a 'pistol' under the statutory definition."

img_0314.png

From

https://theloadoutblog.com/2019/07/08/atf-clarifies-how-to-properly-measure-the-length-of-an-ar-pistol/

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    While the focus of this has primarily been on the AR family, I would assume that the same issues would apply to the Grand Power Stribog if the brace is attached, right?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Yep. My full name is in the public record with my comments. Not afraid to stand up and be counted.

damosan

Feb 21, 2009
    How far behind is the ATF in reviewing submittals? I posted something on the 15 June and haven't heard back from them stating they posted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom