• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • julyccc

Sep 4, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    Is Georgia Arms going to have a booth in this show? I am thinking about picking up some ammo.

thanks
    A

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Figures.....that's the kickoff of my 8 day fishing tournament down on the Potomac.

Anybody want to pick me up in DC? :innocent0

I could, you want one of my bikes? I keep one chained up at the Supreme court building.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I want to go to this show just for the spectacle of it all. I mentioned earlier that I'll be looking for inexpensive reloading stuff, but I also want to see how well the antique market is represented. Last of all, I'd like to see if I can find a used, reasonably priced Marlin 39A - older, with smooth walnut stocks. My Dad had one that I referred to as "mine" while I was growing up and I'd like to replace it if possible.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I. Last of all, I'd like to see if I can find a used, reasonably priced Marlin 39A - older, with smooth walnut stocks. My Dad had one that I referred to as "mine" while I was growing up and I'd like to replace it if possible.

PM bigbrad. He had one for sale, I don't know it's condition. My Marlin 39A may be my favorite weapon of all the guns I own. That rifle is beyond compare in my opinion.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    PM bigbrad. He had one for sale, I don't know it's condition. My Marlin 39A may be my favorite weapon of all the guns I own. That rifle is beyond compare in my opinion.
    My sister was supposed to run the bid for Dad's 39A at the auction my Mom had. (I know, I STILL don't want to talk about it.) She got confused about what was what and the bidding was finished by the time she got it figured out. My thought was that at some point in the future I would buy it off of her - I can't imagine that she'll really want to keep the guns she took home. In any case, that one is gone, hence the reason I'll be scouring the gun shows for a good used one in the same age range as ours.

I agree - the Marlin 39A I had was beyond compare - it was the most accurate .22 rifle in the collection and functioned flawlessly every time I took it out, no matter what kind of ammo I fed it.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Vintage Cup is soon too

If you want to really see the vintage stuff, The Vintage Cup is going to be Sept 25 - 28 at Pintail Point on the east side of the bay bridge. Bring a very very deep wallet and you can order a new Purdey or H&H shotgun for 100K +++. Lots of Parkers, Foxs and Smiths and most of the serious national dealers will be there with their best stuff, shotguns and real big bore double rifles, stuff like .577 NE. It is a lot of fun. www.vintagers.org I will be there Sat & Sunday.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Well I'm going to try and make it, Oddly I found this out after I booked to work an event at one of the airport hotels about a mile away Sat evening. Figure I'll go down early and look around. Guess i'll change in the car, don't want to get a suit all oiled up handling guns etc.

NittanyLion

Jul 15, 2008
    Rockville
    Well I just got approval from the CFO to pickup shotgun #2 for our top level hideout area. And, I'll just happen to be out in the area on Saturday, so looks like I'll be stopping by the Chantilly show again. :D Planning to get just a basic Remington 870 Express 18" 7-shot in black. With the current rebates it should come in at less than $300, so hopefully someone will have one.

dclemens

Sep 28, 2007
    Kingsville,MD
    I'm looking to pick up some 30rd AR mags and possibly a complete AR upper. Is this a good show for these? I've never been to any other than Timonium.

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I'm looking to pick up some 30rd AR mags and possibly a complete AR upper. Is this a good show for these? I've never been to any other than Timonium.

Timonium? HA! This show will knock your socks off! Yes Virginia, there is a difference.

Timonium x25 my friend.
    :thumbsup:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    i think so. i bought my shot gun with CC last year. but I am planning to bring cash though.
    I'll bring some cash, but most vendors these days will find themselves losing business if they don't have the ability to do CC transactions. When I was at the Silverado Gun Show a few weeks back, most of the vendors there had the capability to use CC.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Personally, I like to pay cash whenever I can. a) who knows what data CC companies collect and pass along; and most importantly b) cause it helps give the dealer better margins, and I definitely believe in supporting dealers in this way.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    look at the size of this show

Attachments

• D.jpg
      D.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 181

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    can someone who is going today post if they find any good deals on 223(brass cased)? will be in VA but would have really limited time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom