• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    reposting this from a previous thread for the Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club (SLSC).

BonnieNoClyde wrote:

"This is our first year for a swap meet so starting off in a limited way with the idea to grow it over time. I'd like to get in contact with someone who organizes the Baltimore Game and Fish swap meet to learn what's needed to sell firearms. I've had some good suggestions and questions to hopefully implement next year but for this year the plan was a smaller scale event. I will check with the Board about having photos of firearms to facilitate legal offsite sales. Update: board said its ok to have photos of the firearms you have for sale/trade, but legal transaction must occur off fire department property.

Here's more information that I just sent out.

Swap Meet Info:

The swap meet is Saturday August 15th starting at 9AM- approximately 1 PM at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department Carnival Hall and parking lot area. I've had some questions about it that I will answer below.

What is the swap meet? Similar to a yard sale where members bring stuff they want to sell.

Why are we having a swap meet? To allow our members to do some "spring" cleaning and exchange/sell sporting goods with other members (and the public).

What can I sell at the swap meet? The intent is to focus on sporting goods related items but it is not limited to them. So you can pretty much bring anything you like with one exception. We are not set up as a "Gun Show" with all the required permitting; therefore, firearms (of any types) are not permitted to be sold or displayed at the event.

How can I sell at the swap meet? SLSC Members can "rent" a table in the indoor carnival hall for $10 per table (one per member unless we have extra space). Or they can set up outside for free (BYOT and canopy, if desired). Note, the event is rain or shine. Contact Mary via sannerswebmaster@gmail.com to reserve a table (first come first served). Fee (cash only) is due swap meet morning at set up (set up starts at 8AM).

Who can participate? For this year (may change next year based upon feedback from this year), SLSC members only can set up and sell; however, the event is open to the public for buying. Let your friends know about the event!

Questions - contact Mary at sannerswebmaster@gmail.com "

sanner's members, if you have something to sell (no matter what is it), then either rent an indoor table or set up outside for free.
    members & non-members, please visit the swap meet. you never know what you might find.

i'll have a table inside. I intend to have about 500 rounds of factory 147gr 9mm ammo, .22LR ammo, 12ga slugs, RCBS RCII single stage reloading press, .410 shotgun hulls, new (sealed) rifle brass, .223 brass, 50BEO brass, 40S&W brass, 30-06 brass and even a spam can of 30-06 M1 garand ammo, plus a bit more.

see you there,
    FTjoe

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    a big thanks to everyone (sellers & buyers) who participated. hopefully everyone found something they needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom