• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Hello,
    I dropped a rifle and a small piece broke off and aside from a few scratches, the friend has a crack too. Looking for a place to take it to for repair. I would rather have a pro fix it so it’s done properly and professionally. I am in Harford county but will travel.
    Thanks in advance!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    clandestine did a fantastic job on one of my C&R rifles. Unfortunately, I believe all of his time/energy is now focused on the AR platform these days. You could still contact Scott’s Gunsmithing in Millersville and see if they have anyone that can do it.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have a K98 that I received a long time ago from AIM Surplus; the stock at the wrist was COMPLETELY cracked in half. Basically they sold me a junker.

I repaired it myself. Drilled a perpendicular hole through the bottom and top wrist; used wood glue, compressed the two halves together, and inserted a threaded brass rod with glue through the hole. Ground off the end of the brass rod flush with the wood.

It's as strong as it was new. I am very proud of the repair and it shoots magnificently accurate; as an appreciation for its new found life and appreciation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom