• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Screw it I'll give you honest answers

Thank you for your real, sincere response. I genuinely appreciate it. I know you were just using me for the feet pic, but I'll take it.

If you would like to see the final study it will be finished in late January. Just let me know, I'm happy to send along a copy.

Last edited:

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Thank you for your real, sincere response. I genuinely appreciate it. I know you were just using for the feet pic, but I'll take it.

If you would like to see the final study it will be finished in late January. Just let me know, I'm happy to send along a copy.

Sent you a PM

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If anyone wants to contribute as anonymously as possible feel free to send me a PM and I can pass on the information without providing your screen name.

The left would love to see us as a monolith of 60-70 year old white men that are irascible and boorish but after meeting a lot of you I know that’s not true, most of you are in your 50s ;)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I’m calling ********

I'm SCREAMING "********!" from the top of the tallest mountain here on the Eastern Shore...

Predictable which Sponge Bobs on here would respond to "her" and defend/ support "her" with pie eyed, lemming like certainty...
    I bet Nigerian Princesses nail them at least twice a year... :rolleyes:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm SCREAMING "********!" from the top of the tallest mountain here on the Eastern Shore...

Predictable which Sponge Bobs on here would respond to "her" and defend/ support "her" with pie eyed, lemming like certainty...

There’s also a lot of BGOS around here. If they wanted your guns they’d come take them.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County

Yep. Because there's *NO WAY* I'm actually just a female gun collector/ enthusiast. I forgot, we don't actually exist. Man, I thought I was a cynical ******* but some of you guys out here really take the cake, so to speak. Doesn't matter if I post actual photos of myself or anything. You've got me.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I won't respond to your poll however I will suggest an alternate allied topic for your paper.

My suggestion is a paper on why gun surveys as reported in the media and elsewhere are BS.

You have gotten a small sample of how people who are likely gun owners respond to prying questions on a sensitive subject. Add that to such facts as the declining response rates to polls in general (Pew research reports the response rate to telephone surveys has fallen to 6% https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...telephone-surveys-have-resumed-their-decline/ ). There is no way the data can be correct or representative of the population as a whole.

If you do some digging on this forum, and I suspect others, you can find a number of discussions on gun polls and other gun topics such as how many guns exist in this country (the lack of hard data is amazing). You will find that the majority of gun owners either refuse to answer, or intentionally lie. And there is an interesting sub set of online polls where gun owners intentionally respond massively and if possible repeatedly and spread the links to the polls location on social media to insure a gun positive result.

A poll of gun owners on how they respond to gun polls will get you a more accurate answer than a poll asking the same people how many guns do you own. The so called gun polls usually are loaded with researcher bias one way or the other, the results are cherry picked to support headlines, and the underlying data is bogus. So there is plenty to write a paper about.

I will say my children have scars older than Ammo Jon.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yep. Because there's *NO WAY* I'm actually just a female gun collector/ enthusiast. I forgot, we don't actually exist. Man, I thought I was a cynical ******* but some of you guys out here really take the cake, so to speak. Doesn't matter if I post actual photos of myself or anything. You've got me.

You should have prepared yourself by watching the Grumpy old men movies with Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I won't respond to your poll however I will suggest an alternate allied topic for your paper.

My suggestion is a paper on why gun surveys as reported in the media and elsewhere are BS.

You have gotten a small sample of how people who are likely gun owners respond to prying questions on a sensitive subject. Add that to such facts as the declining response rates to polls in general (Pew research reports the response rate to telephone surveys has fallen to 6% https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...telephone-surveys-have-resumed-their-decline/ ). There is no way the data can be correct or representative of the population as a whole.

If you do some digging on this forum, and I suspect others, you can find a number of discussions on gun polls and other gun topics such as how many guns exist in this country (the lack of hard data is amazing). You will find that the majority of gun owners either refuse to answer, or intentionally lie. And there is an interesting sub set of online polls where gun owners intentionally respond massively and if possible repeatedly and spread the links to the polls location on social media to insure a gun positive result.

A poll of gun owners on how they respond to gun polls will get you a more accurate answer than a poll asking the same people how many guns do you own. The so called gun polls usually are loaded with researcher bias one way or the other, the results are cherry picked to support headlines, and the underlying data is bogus. So there is plenty to write a paper about.

I will say my children have scars older than Ammo Jon.
    I think you’re on to something sir.

WHY gun owners don’t respond OR dint respond honestly is a great paper. The basis of this is “gun related surveys” cannot be relied on...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We shouldn't be rude ( or ruder than usual ) .

I'll even go 2 to 1 odds you're real , and 50/ 50 you're up front with intentions .

But especially in our current climate , nobody will answer about hypothetical gun ownership . Yeah outsiders would consider us paranoid , but enough of us have personally observed Legislative sausage making , that it's actually rational awareness of what's out there, and about to be arriving .

Actually Helpful #1 :

If you were to reframe your theme to along the lines of :

" During 2020 with Covid Pandemic , and/ or widespread Civil Unrest of Multiple types , have you ........... "

1. Had a change in your view of Firearms Ownership ?

2 Did you aquire a firearm/ additional firearm/ firearm of different type in response ?

This line of inquiry will probably lead to at least some sincere responses .

*****************€*

Helpful #2 - Is this for a major term paper or thesis in your Major field ? It would require that depth to meaningfully address .

Is this a minor BS assignment for a mehhh prerequisite class ? Become cynical , do something similar to the airheads in class , get a grade to move on to next thing , and keep under the radar for a while longer before tipping your hand .

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I think you’re on to something sir.

WHY gun owners don’t respond OR dint respond honestly is a great paper. The basis of this is “gun related surveys” cannot be relied on...
    Another great paper might be Ammo shortages and supply and demand of ammunition in the “civilian” market.

Cost per round (By caliber and bullet type) and availability would be my metrics.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    CZlady has been respectful , she is not twisting anyone's arm or junk to get you to answer her questions . For me i see nothing she is asking in a survey that can not be tied back to you .

I can assure i and not a Sponge Bob , i do believe in respect until the person deserves neither . I will say i am not giving or answering personal questions that will identify me without some leg work . I think some are over reacting but saying that it is your right to do so . But my thought is be nice until you can't be nice .
    I personally think she would be a great to have a conversation with , she certainly has held her own here and is witty . She could be a plant from MSP or ATF or even MGA , MDA but she has not come across that way . IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom