• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I hate to be a negative nancy about this but you should honestly consider a different topic. Regardless of how you go about it you will not be able to gather enough to data to hash the topic in any meaningful way. I mean many well funded research orgs have tried to tackle this topic and the conclusion is always the same, either they push a heavily biased conclusion or honestly admit there was not enough quality data to derive any real insight. Accounting for the low participation rate, and in this specific case highly dubious quality of responses I doubt you (or anyone for that matter) will be able to produce any more than a strongly worded opinion piece.

I think the members are warming up to CZlady. She seems legit. IMO she could probably gain better/ accurate responses if she started another pole. Maybe starting with 5 or less, 5-10, 10-15, 20+, 50+, and wife will hang me by my nads+.

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    SOO..
    are the two linked? is there something about being an artist that causes heart explosions?

just wondering.

D

Yes. You're spot on. After the 946,798th person asks you to tattoo an infinity symbol with the word 'believe' in it somewhere where "it's just for ME" your heart just literally explodes. You heard it here first.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    As you can tell from my photo I am, not interested years old, female and located in 'you should probably check your bumble profile'. I am 5' 9".

Hope you realize I'm messing with you. At 41 I'm probably in the top 3 youngest members on the forum. Most guys have scars older than me!

Good luck in you goal. I think I have enough trust in the forum that if someone wanted to reach out to me with the information I could forward it to you while keeping their anonymity.

Not sure if that helps but BGOS (battered gun owner syndrome, not trying to mansplain) is real and even more so with a stolen election. As little as most of us trusted the 'system' now it's even less.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hope you realize I'm messing with you. At 41 I'm probably in the top 3 youngest members on the forum. Most guys have scars older than me!

Good luck in you goal. I think I have enough trust in the forum that if someone wanted to reach out to me with the information I could forward it to you while keeping their anonymity.

Not sure if that helps but BGOS (battered gun owner syndrome, not trying to mansplain) is real and even more so with a stolen election. As little as most of us trusted the 'system' now it's even less.
    Damned kids.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Screw it I'll give you honest answers.

What is your age, gender and marital status? Do you have children?
    33, Male, Single, No.

How many guns do you own?

What type of guns are they?
    Pistols, AR-15's (rifles and pistols), Bolt Actions, Shotguns, AK pistol

How long have you owned guns?
    Just over two years.

Where do you do most of your shooting?
    Schraders Outdooors in Henderson.

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)?
    Extended family members had guns but I was never taught to shoot.

Why do you own guns?
    Plinking, Home Defense, Competition (if they ever start back up).

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums?
    Daily.

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations?
    NRA, GSSF, and Duck's Unlimited (assuming they count).

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how?
    No.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hi All-

I am a relatively new forum member, but an old gun owner. I am a CZ enthusiast from Montgomery county, very much looking forward to moving to Frederick. I wasn't sure where else to locate this on the forum but....

I recently returned to higher education after a major medical disaster rendered me unable to do my old job (I was a tattoo artist and basically my heart exploded). As part of my degree I am writing a anthropological study of Maryland gun owners who are active online. I am unable to conduct any in- person interviews because I am severely immunocompromised (I am on the transplant list for a heart) and can't really go much of anywhere. I know it is a big ask, if you would be willing to participate (pretty pretty please), just respond to the thread with answers to any or all of the questions below. If you don't feel comfortable or just don't want to reply publicly, feel free to send me a private message. I will not be using any identifying information in the final study- including usernames.

What is your age, gender and marital status? Do you have children?

How many guns do you own?

What type of guns are they?

How long have you owned guns?

Where do you do most of your shooting?

Were you exposed to gun ownership as a child (eg. your family owned guns, etc.)?

Why do you own guns?

How often do you use gun or 2A related forums?

Are you a member of any gun related or 2A organizations?

Has the pandemic changed your outlook on gun ownership? If so, how?

If you made it all the way down here, thank you so much. I really really appreciate any replies or information- it helps me out a whole heck of a lot- especially being immunocompromised, I can't go out and do in- person interviews. So thanks again!!

Wait...there are people here that own guns? Are you one of them?

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Reminds me of my dominatrix friend from years ago...no disrespect intended at all. Boots, tattoos, short black hair, 5'9", bullies and guns with nails done. Time twins. Good shit...welcome aboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom