Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Any decent low buck M1 carbines?

Those K31s sound tempting

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I picked up one and looked it over, easy 95% org finish. Dan had a few for sale.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I picked up some 10/22 mags and a speed loader. I didn't see any decent M1 Carbine prices. I didn't see the K31s, maybe they sold?

Most of the M1 Carbines and Garands that I looked at were priced somewhere up in the stratosphere. CMP would be the way to go if you want one.

Didn't look at prices of K31s.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Most of the M1 Carbines and Garands that I looked at were priced somewhere up in the stratosphere. CMP would be the way to go if you want one.

Didn't look at prices of K31s.
    I agree, CMP looks like the way to go. I saw some M1 carbines going for $900 to $1200 that looked beat to hell. CMP is offering them for $415. I already have a K-31 that I got during the holiday sale at JGSales (VG, Walnut, matching bayo). I enjoy shooting it so much that I decided to buy a battle pack of ammo from AIMSurplus (the cheapest ammo price currently at 47 cents a round).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats unfortunate, I have had good luck with Chantilly and M1 carbines at CMP(ish) prices.

Jackrum

Jun 10, 2009
    I didn't see the K31s, maybe they sold?

There was a guy with 4 K31s for $250 ea. They were still there around 1000 or 1030 when I passed the table. There were also a few more dealers with K31s but they were more expensive and looked to be in worse shape.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    There was a guy with 4 K31s for $250 ea. They were still there around 1000 or 1030 when I passed the table. There were also a few more dealers with K31s but they were more expensive and looked to be in worse shape.
    I admit that I was only able to spend 2 hours there last night (6pm to 8pm). I was looking for K31 end caps. With my luck I bet I'd miss that table of K31s again.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008

That "guy" was Dan Tobin of Dans Ammo. Trust me, get to know him. He is a great dealer and has some sweet deals. I've purchased from him many times and will cut repete customers a deal.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

I saw those K31s they were pretty nice they had three of them on an end table, I almost bit but frankly I just didnt need another gun right now or another caliber to keep up with.

M1 carbines were all "gold plated" and overpriced even by gunshow standards. All sorts of new schemes to suck newbies in "early" inland, "late inland" guys its still a rack grade inland!

Didnt see a single German Mauser that was reasonable and worth buying.

Mags were cheap and plentiful, ammo was down but didnt want to carry it back to my car. Easier to have AIM or wideners deliver to my door.

Neatest gunshow item I saw was a vendor that had beautiful wood AR furniture. I know wood AR furniture doesnt make sense but I almost walked away with the "grey laminate" he had. Prices were fair for the amount of machinging needed http://www.precisionfirearms.com/19.html?sm=100524

Overall there was some new blood in vendors which I think helps shake things up a bit. I swear the vendors who used to be there were out of synch.

Mosins were around too but I would rather get one from Keep Shooting if I can get out there.

The real surprise was the utter shortage of AR lowers, there were plenty but some of the major vendors (J&T) were missing. Prices much more than Del-Ton.

Parking was a nightmare absolutely crazy.....I lucked into a space on the back road behind the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom