• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike51899

Jul 26, 2018
    Washington metro area
    I’m looking to build a glock with the polymer80 pf940v2 lower. I wanted to know the laws in Maryland regarding whether the pistol has to be registered or what not. Thanks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m looking to build a glock with the polymer80 pf940v2 lower. I wanted to know the laws in Maryland regarding whether the pistol has to be registered or what not. Thanks.

Build away. That is all. No paperwork or anything.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Build it. Shoot it. Enjoy it.

Those are the only three things required currently.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Also, you are not to build an 80% with the intent of selling it. It is for personal use.

Again, you must be able to legally own or purchase a handgun. Age and criminal history apply.

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    I’ve been searching for weeks to get a straight answer on carrying one, mostly coming up with not a good idea due to being home made. I’m interested in knowing about just getting it serialized and what could potentially happen in the states I can carry. For what’s it worth is would be a Glock other then the lower.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    I’ve been searching for weeks to get a straight answer on carrying one, mostly coming up with not a good idea due to being home made. I’m interested in knowing about just getting it serialized and what could potentially happen in the states I can carry. For what’s it worth is would be a Glock other then the lower.

Most people I know personally who serialize their 80% lowers do it just to make their lower identifiable in a worst-case theft scenario. Some of these people also carry their milled-out polymer 80 lowers, but this also was in Utah where you’re practically handed a gun when you drive into the state.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Maybe we should make this a sticky , you know for future people in question of such laws ??

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

If your legally able to carry then i don’t see why it’s “not a good idea” legally speaking.

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    If your legally able to carry then i don’t see why it’s “not a good idea” legally speaking.

In researching it was the same bs about modifying a carry gun, that if it was used for self defense a attorney would use it against you. I also read that some states would seize the weapon due to no serial # and that they shouldn’t be taken out of home state? Those are probably states that I’m not legal to carry anyways.

I often wonder what would happen if I was pulled over while transporting a firearm in MD on the way to VA where I’m legal to carry. The chances are slim as I’m a law abiding citizen and I typically have the loaded mag locked in the glove box until I reach the legal state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom