• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    this will NOT be my last time to go to this show!! biggest show ever!! A-Z rows in big room!!

Last edited:

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Bought an oldie but goodie red head leg of mutton gun case for a SXS, 10 brass winchester shotgun shell hulls to use to standup and display BP and SAA pistols, and a book. My approach is to fill your hands early with inexpensive stuff to make it harder to handle the expensive stuff ( like going into costco without a shopping cart).

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Saw Milsurp Dan at the MMB Imports table early on and then spent the morning with MDS buddy tarbucket cruising the aisles. Spent my fun money on a beautiful venometer from WJ Jeffrey and Co in London. Believe it's for a Long Lee. Also got a clean copy of Al Frasca's The .47-70 Springfield reference book. What got the day going was in the very first aisle: a mid 50's vintage FN bayonet for my Israeli light barrel FAL. Spent all of $35 for a nice example that I've been scouring the Earth for. Something I didn't expect to find at this venue.
    Had lots of nice conversations, a fun morning!

Attachments

• IMGP8538.JPG
      IMGP8538.JPG
      78.8 KB · Views: 366
    • IMGP8535.JPG
      IMGP8535.JPG
      45.5 KB · Views: 355
    • IMGP8547.JPG
      IMGP8547.JPG
      40.5 KB · Views: 359
    • IMGP8540.JPG
      IMGP8540.JPG
      67.2 KB · Views: 377
    • IMGP8541.JPG
      IMGP8541.JPG
      26.8 KB · Views: 357
    • IMGP8546.JPG
      IMGP8546.JPG
      30.1 KB · Views: 367
    • IMGP8548.JPG
      IMGP8548.JPG
      92.7 KB · Views: 364

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Wasn't able to make it up there Saturday. How many dealers bail on Sunday? I'm thinking of making the trek tomorrow morning (it's a solid 2 hours each way).

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Wasn't able to make it up there Saturday. How many dealers bail on Sunday? I'm thinking of making the trek tomorrow morning (it's a solid 2 hours each way).

Most all of the dealers stay until the end. Too much time and money spent to get there and too much profit to be made.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County

Pretty much all of the dealers should be staying most of the day tomorrow.

It was fun to see my usual MDS friends and meet some new ones! I’ll be at the show tomorrow too

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Saw MilsurpDan at his table but he was busy talking to a patron so I passed on by. He hasn't met me yet so I'm hoping 'no harm no foul' :-)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Dealers are required to stay until the end. If they bail early, they generally are not allowed to return the following year.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Went to this show today. And I was impressed! "lots of nice antique weapons" would be a dis-service to describing this show. It was fantastic!
    Noddaz

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I picked up a worn but functional S&W .38 Single Action Second Model for cheap. I always wanted one, even if it's not shootable (it seems to lock up a smidge loose and has some front/rear play that can be fixed with a fine washer).

Edit: I passed on a Remington #4 Rolling Block .22LR. I really kick myself for passing on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
      IMG_0151.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 268
    • IMG_0152.jpg
      IMG_0152.jpg
      76 KB · Views: 266

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Went. Bought a book. Just didn't see anything I wanted (hazard of high-end collecting).

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Took a couple things I paid $150 for many years ago and sold them for $5,000. Not a bad return on my investment! Wish I could do that a lot more often.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Took a couple things I paid $150 for many years ago and sold them for $5,000. Not a bad return on my investment! Wish I could do that a lot more often.

How did you sell it? To someone at a table or walking the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    See you guys at the show today! I’m in Row F, Table 14 in the “big” room. It’s the table with all the Schmidt-Rubins on it. Can’t miss it.

Wish I noticed this post before going Saturday. I would'a introduced myself. About 2/3 of the way through the big room (I started at row A and worked across) , I had Doctor_M introduce himself to me and he informed me you were there and in what row (E/F). He ID'd me because I was wearing my MDshooters pin that Eric (eruby) had distributed recently. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out which table was yours.

Hope your show was a great one!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    It was nice meeting SxS, MilSurplusDan, and a few other old friends.

Good show. Didn't come away with the Krag carbine I was looking for, but brought home a few new toys including a Remington N4 rolling block. Always a good time.

Nice putting a face to your mdshooters ID. Thanks for the intro!

I didn't see anything that is one my current list of desired goodies that was at a price I was willing to pay, but nearly pulled the trigger on a fairly nice Browning Superposed 20 ga O/U in a Browning case circa 1960. Had a fair amount of carry wear in the blue on the action (consistent with hunting carry wear - probably 40 - 50% loss on the bottom of the action...10 - 20% loss on sides, bit otherwise excellent). After putting it together, it was as tight as a drum and otherwise pretty nice overall. Listed price was $1450 OBO. I asked what was the best price, but the guy at the table told me the owner was away and would be back in just 10 min or so. Went back 10 minutes later, the firearm was gone. Sold for $1250. I would have paid that in a heart beat. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Ya snooze, you lose. Only thing I could have done different, I guess, was just stand right there until the owner came back :sad20:

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    as always a great show. I bought a Henri Pieper 10 gauge double hammer shotgun. I think it is my 13th or 14th Pieper/Bayard shotgun. They all just fit me. This one is cool in that it has steel chambers, then twist barrels, then steel again at the muzzle - choke section. I think it has an 1890 date on it.
    In past years I have bought other Piepers, a Darne and a Manufrance Ideal at this show.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I looked at a "Sweet Sixteen" Browning Auto 5, a couple Savage 1899s in .303 Savage, but no purchases. One guy there specialized in reloading obsolete cartridges. Always a good time. My daughter saw the displays and now she wants a German MG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom