• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have scoured all the videos from Shot Show and none, that I found, dove into the design of the magazine. I'd like to know why it is so different that it can physically fit 3 more rounds than the competition. All I know is it tapers but that tells me they are reducing area to fit ammo not increasing.

I would have thought this would have been the big engineering reveal at Shot Show.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have scoured all the videos from Shot Show and none, that I found, dove into the design of the magazine. I'd like to know why it is so different that it can physically fit 3 more rounds than the competition. All I know is it tapers but that tells me they are reducing area to fit ammo not increasing.

I would have thought this would have been the big engineering reveal at Shot Show.

Couple things, it's singlestack or staggered in the top 1/3 of the mag, allows the tapered shape near the top for thinner trigger reach, and more room around the frame/FCG like most any single stack design. The bottom 2/3 is doublestack, and looks like the lowest load check window is a bit lower than most, so probably a low profile follower, prehaps a telescoping spring design like GLOCK uses, or a flat leaf like magguts, so room for an extra round or two. You can see how thin the plastic molding is on the sides of the mag, being they fit flush with the grip surfaces, the sides of the grip must be really thin too. Seems like they designed the pistol, and saw how far up the grip they could get away with super thin grip panels, and doublestack clearance, once they got as high as they could go for parts clearance and strength, they tapered the mag into single stack up to the lips. It's not unlike the mags S&W's M&P 45s use, keeps the grip skinny near the trigger guard, but in that case sacrifices a couple rounds capacity compared to a full doublestack mag. In this case Sig might have gotten the round or two capacity back with a follower design. I'll definitely check it out at the outdoor show, this is at the top if my list to buy.

365-8-Recovered.jpg

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Couple things, it's singlestack or staggered in the top 1/3 of the mag, allows the tapered shape near the top for thinner trigger reach, and more room around the frame/FCG like most any single stack design.

Agree. I handled one at a Sig elite dealer in Pa some weeks ago. And the lower part of the grip doe not widen much at all, Sig got very narrow at the base and mid part of the grip despite it being double stack in those sections. The grip is narrow from top to bottom, same as a G43, because sig wastes no space there whereas the extra space is only needed at the top as it interfaces there with the FCG.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/sig-p365-dud/

Is this common with new designs?
    Regardless, I'm still getting it whenever it gets through Maryland's nonsense.

Quote from the article:

"Always be wary of the first generation guns. Even companies known for making reliable guns tend to have growing pains. Anyone remember when Glock released the Gen 4? New guns often have new problems. This isn’t isolated to the firearms industry either. Its a problem with the auto industry, the technology industry, and of course the industrial industry. I always say the first shipments of a new gun are for beta testers…and not for me."

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Quote from the article:

"Always be wary of the first generation guns. Even companies known for making reliable guns tend to have growing pains. Anyone remember when Glock released the Gen 4? New guns often have new problems. This isn’t isolated to the firearms industry either. Its a problem with the auto industry, the technology industry, and of course the industrial industry. I always say the first shipments of a new gun are for beta testers…and not for me."

Extremely common, Gen4 GLOCK, S&W M&Ps, Springer XDS and XDMs, a half dozen Rugers, Sig's own 320 series too. All required upgrades or recalls for the first models. It's tough to test each and every variable, especially with production tolerence stacking, but most of the time it's caught quick, and good companies will fix it and make it right. Part of the reason you should thoroughly test ANY new pistol you want to bet your life on. I think a beta test of the first 500 pistols, offered to Sig fan folk would probably reduce a lot of problems, but would probably delay sales, would have to halt a line for perhaps months while testing, and would probably end up costing more than a recall in early production. Either way, I'm picking up the first 365 I can find, but won't carry it till I have plenty of rounds through it, and I can find a decent holster for it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I will get one. I will put a few rounds through it to take the edges off and I am sure it will work fine. If not, then that's what malfunction drills are for.

Perfessor

Mar 6, 2017
    Anne Arundel

[/I]

My father-in-law's P228 used to have the same problem, until I oiled it (after taking Clandestine's class and learning that guns will run dirty, but they won't run dry :party29:). Nary a problem since, as long as it gets oiled regularly. From that I'm guessing Sigs may need more lube than other guns.

Really trying to come up with a good off-color joke here ... :D

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Finger banged one of these at 2A yesterday......and then plunked down $$.

Felt absolutely phenomenal in the hand and with the extension didn't have to wrap the pinky underneath. With the standard night sights and the 10 +1 capacity this is definitely a Glock 43 killer.

Now the wait for roster approval begins....

giphy.gif

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster

Felt absolutely phenomenal in the hand and with the extension didn't have to wrap the pinky underneath. With the standard night sights and the 10 +1 capacity this is definitely a Glock 43 killer.

giphy.gif

Any word on the roster approval date? Looks like the next update is scheduled for 03/16.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I might stop at the LGS tomorrow morning to see if they have any so i can walk out with it in 5 minutes :innocent0

:D

OldNavyVet

Mar 1, 2018
    Charles County

Was the pricing at or below MSRP. I've been watching online pricing and as much as $200 above MSRP?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Was the pricing at or below MSRP. I've been watching online pricing and as much as $200 above MSRP?
    What is MSRP on that one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom