• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    first time to this show and it was lacking. over priced guns, parts, and ammo. food nasty and over priced. rode 3 hours to spend 25 dollars then 3 hours home. probably wont be back. i will stick to harrisburg

WHINE-N

Jun 14, 2007
    Southern Md
    I try to go when ever they come in town, had a very good day. Picked up 1K 7.62x39 for $ 149.+tax, 10 new 30 rd AR-15 mags w/ anti-tilt followers for $10 a piece, and 4 30 rd AK mags for $15 a piece, and lastly all of the parts to put my rear sight assembly on my S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman Special. Was there mabey an hour and a half, then off to check out some "new to us houses" with the wife. Totaly missed the race today, but it was worth it...

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    first time to this show and it was lacking. over priced guns, parts, and ammo. food nasty and over priced. rode 3 hours to spend 25 dollars then 3 hours home. probably wont be back. i will stick to harrisburg

I didn't feel the guns were overpriced at all. They still blow Maryland prices out of the water (considering we can't hardly by anything).

I bought a S&W 340pd .357 revolver at Atlantic guns during their "factory sale" two weeks ago for $760 which was a pretty good price. When I went to the show they were selling the same revolver for $690. I saw many other handguns that were very fairly priced.

I also saw quite a few 6.8 uppers for around $500

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah, prices were good. Saw FN PS-90s for $1400, Atlantic guns charges $1899 or something.

However, as big as the show was I was disappointed not to find ANY 5.56/.223 AK mags! Maybe I wasn`t looking hard enough, but I managed to find a dealer with 2 original bakelite Izhmash AK-74 mags for $95/ea. !

Also, I had my eye out for a Walther PPS. Most dealers I asked didn`t know what I was talking about. IIRC @ the SHOT show they announced a July release date...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Also, I had my eye out for a Walther PPS. Most dealers I asked didn`t know what I was talking about. IIRC @ the SHOT show they announced a July release date...

It's not on the Md approved handgun roster yet, anyway.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Damn... forgot all about that :( However it has an internal lock (by removing the grip panel) so hopefully it will get approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom