• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The chair is against the wall......The chair is against the wall.
    John has a long moustache.....….John has a long moustache.

I spent the weekend in Free America and the following picture shows just how ridiculous the laws are behind enemy lines:

At the bottom of the picture is a firearm that is legal in marlandistan. Sitting behind it is an innocuous piece of steel and plastic that is perfectly legal to own as well. Above is another example of both those legal things but, simply because they are joined, magically becomes illegal to possess behind enemy lines. It's absolutely nutsoballs!

Here, we see another picture with a couple more firearms added in:

One is a pistol that I carried all weekend legally because Free America recognizes my God given rights. However, behind enemy lines it suddenly becomes too dangerous for me to be trusted with on my person in public without a tyrant's approval. The one at the bottom is 100% legal to put a stock on in marlandistan so long as I pay off the federal bureaucracy first. But, if I do, I have to let the feds know well in advance before transporting it to Free America. Crazy stuff folks!!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Craziness, Combloc! Good post. If the law came from the Maryland General Assembly in the last century and is gun-related, you know it's anti-liberty. One day I hope freedom will once again ring in this state. That is my hope. My boots will be in Annapolis, God willing, to assist in that restoration.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Crazy how they'll fight tooth and nail to ensure the rights and treatment of criminals, illegal aliens, etc, yet gun owners here and in similar states are all guilty until proven guilty, despite legal gun owners statistically being one of lowest crime committing groups in the country...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hope OP realizes that posts like this are not read by the anti's who then think "Gee gun laws are illogical we should relax them." They are added to the "we need to ban more things" to-do list.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I go to WV all the time, and carry when I'm there. I counted 9 people carrying guns one day in Sheetz. Everyone has manners. Everyone was nice to each other, held the door yadda yadda.. No ghetto shit like here (MD-Pg/Balt)...

I'v been a civilian police employee for 24 years, and yet I don't qualify for a gun permit. I need an HQL to buy a handgun, and still have to wait 7 days for each purchase. I had to get 'digital" fingerprints, because apparently the last 15 sets from like 5 different agencies aren't good enough.

**** you MD, I'm ashamed to say I'm a lifelong native, and I can't get the hell out of here fast enough. Good riddance, and I hope it all goes down either the Patapsco or the Potomac.

I won't look back !

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm just waiting to retire. I already keep a portion of my collection in another state because you never know when the jackboots will march in Annapolis.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I go to WV all the time, and carry when I'm there. I counted 9 people carrying guns one day in Sheetz. Everyone has manners. Everyone was nice to each other, held the door yadda yadda.. No ghetto shit like here (MD-Pg/Balt)...

Am armed society is a polite society.

I've been a civilian police employee for 24 years, and yet I don't qualify for a gun permit.

That's because, as the late great Ron Smith was often quoted when discussing why Maryland is may issue, Maryland values large sums of cash more than they do human life.

Last edited:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

I'v been a civilian police employee for 24 years, and yet I don't qualify for a gun permit. I need an HQL to buy a handgun, and still have to wait 7 days for each purchase. I had to get 'digital" fingerprints, because apparently the last 15 sets from like 5 different agencies aren't good enough.

**** you MD, I'm ashamed to say I'm a lifelong native, and I can't get the hell out of here fast enough. Good riddance, and I hope it all goes down either the Patapsco or the Potomac.

I won't look back !

Tell us how you really feel. J/k. I feel the same way. It's refreshing to hear it come out so viscerally from others because that's how it comes out of me. I'm not a native and can't until I can GTFO.

I'm just waiting to retire. I already keep a portion of my collection in another state because you never know when the jackboots will march in Annapolis.

Me too ! 6 years and counting !!!! :party29:

Not retiring (most likely) but waiting for kids to graduate then I'm gone. Six more years on my sentence then paroled!!!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Crazy how they'll fight tooth and nail to ensure the rights and treatment of criminals, illegal aliens, etc, yet gun owners here and in similar states are all guilty until proven guilty, despite legal gun owners statistically being one of lowest crime committing groups in the country...

my thoughts exactly.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Combloc, I don't mean to hy- jack your thread. I am sorry if it appears that way. My plan was to retire and get out of Md. I did that. I had a job I loved, but hated the company, if that makes any sense. I looked at places in W.Va, and Pa. We finally found a place in Va. that I love more than you could ever imagine.

I had good benefits and am getting a pretty good pension. I couldn't give that up and start at a new place. Or so I thought. I worked there for 40 years. If I had only known how good it was outside of that ******** Md, I would have come here 20 years ago. Don't think like me that you can't relocate and get a better life in another state. I don't mean just you, but anybody reading this. Maybe you can't, but maybe you can. I think I could have but was too scared.

Guess what I'm trying to get across is I'm now 66 and am enjoying life more than I ever dreamed. Try to get out while you guys are younger, It would be worth the effort. Not just for the guns, but the whole way of life is better outside Md. Good luck to any that try.

By the way, your guns are beautiful and the pics are better.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    How ridiculous some of these state laws are. I can drive around all day with a loaded handgun in view, but if I drive 5 minutes to the Maryland line, I become an instant criminal.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Virginia is my home state (Newport News, then Charlottesville). What part of the state did you move to? I would move back if I could.

Combloc, I don't mean to hy- jack your thread. I am sorry if it appears that way. My plan was to retire and get out of Md. I did that. I had a job I loved, but hated the company, if that makes any sense. I looked at places in W.Va, and Pa. We finally found a place in Va. that I love more than you could ever imagine.

I had good benefits and am getting a pretty good pension. I couldn't give that up and start at a new place. Or so I thought. I worked there for 40 years. If I had only known how good it was outside of that ******** Md, I would have come here 20 years ago. Don't think like me that you can't relocate and get a better life in another state. I don't mean just you, but anybody reading this. Maybe you can't, but maybe you can. I think I could have but was too scared.

Guess what I'm trying to get across is I'm now 66 and am enjoying life more than I ever dreamed. Try to get out while you guys are younger, It would be worth the effort. Not just for the guns, but the whole way of life is better outside Md. Good luck to any that try.

By the way, your guns are beautiful and the pics are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom