• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    We need an AR picture thread desperately, so here goes nothing. Post your black rifles here. I'll get things started...

My beauty:

Rock River Entry Tactical .223 with EOTech optics, BUIS, Flashlight, Vertical foregrip, and sling. I think I finally have her the way I want her :)

rra1vr4.jpg

rra2xv9.jpg

RRA3.jpg

And the beast:

My new DPMS TAC-20 .308 with Leatherwood camputer optics, bipod, and sling. Can't wait to punch some paper with this bad boy :party29:

dpms1je4.jpg

DPMS2.jpg

DPMS3.jpg

And of course the mandatory group shot (can't wait to see the orgy of black rifles Jeep Driver will post):

DPMSRRA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Here's my Fulton FAR-15. I still want to put a better scope than the 6x32 Leapers I have on it now. It will bust clays at 100 yards all day long, but I just want something with 4-12 magnification. Im also going to swith out this beretta bipod for one that swivels. Maybe a drop in trigger when I get an extra $200. All in all it's one great and fun rifle.

AR & Mags.jpg

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    14.5" SBR w/ TA01NSN, Tom Sawyer Jolly Roger Lower (not pictured), CMMG upper (1:7 Chrome Lined), DD Omega Rail, RRA 2 Stage, ARMS 40L BUIS & Mag Pul Accessories

standard.jpg

20" Government Profile (CMMG 1:7 Chrome Lined), 12" DD M4 Series Rail, RRA 2 Stage, TA31F, ARMS 40L BUIS & Vortex Flash Suppressor

standard.jpg

11.5" SBR's

Top - RRA Upper/Lower, 2 Stage Trigger, CMMG Barrel (1:7 Chrome lined) & Magpul MIAD Grip

Bottom - Tom Saywer Zombie Killer Lower, RRA LPK w/ 2 Stage Trigger, CMMG Upper (1:7 Chrome Lined), DD 7" Lite Series Rail, Aim Point Comp M3, Mag Pul Accessories. Now wearing a LMT BUIS

standard.jpg

14.5" w/ perm Attached Phantom CMMG upper, DPMS Lower (soon to be SBR'ed)

standard.jpg

9.25" SBR'ed RRA 9mm w/ HK 416 Sights, TROS HK Style 3 lug barrel, DD 7" M4 Series Rail and Vortex Flash Suppressor.

standard.jpg

5.5" SBR'ed Superior Arms Lower :tdown: , RRA parts upper, 7" YHM Rail, AWC Suppressor, Burris XTS-135 Red Dot

standard.jpg

10.5" SBR'ed Superior Arms Lower :tdown:, Colt 635 SMG upper

standard.jpg

Don't know what this one will be yet. I am thinking about a 18" midlength w/ a 12" DD Lite series rail and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 in a LaRue SPR mount. But that's down the road.

standard.jpg

And Some Food for these hungry best:

standard.jpg

I have a 16" HBar (don't have a pic) and a few Superior Arms Lowers and a DPMS that I have laying around that will become 16" A2 M4gery's in the future. I'm gonna need some hand out rifles when the UN/Zombies/mutant biker's come marching down the street

Last edited:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    3 SBR lowers - still working on the uppers...2 POF 415's and a POF 416. One Nodak Spud 16A1 to go with my M16A1 upper. I'll get pics of the RRA Entry Tactical and RRA 9mm when I feel like digging them out. I want to add a Nodak Spud XM16E1 sometime to finish another build that I actually have some parts for. I love the POF lowers for SBR's, maybe one more for a SPR build.

Attachments

• ARREC.jpg
      ARREC.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 37,866

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    AR-15 Original "M-16 style", but on a Fulton A2 lower. Slickside upper, early model furniture. Most old parts from Sarco, upper from Fulton.
    AR15-FA-M16-01.jpg

AR-15 A1 style, but on a Fulton A2 lower, misc other parts from misc sources:
    AR15-A1-01.jpg

AR-15 Colt "Slab Side", SP-1 transitionary model with both A1 and A2 parts/features:
    AR15-Colt-SP1-01.jpg

AR-15 A2 Early Bushmaster "Commando" style 11.5"/5.5", three digit S/N:
    AR15-BM-Cmdo01.jpg

AR-15 A-3 Bushmaster 16" M4gery:
    AR15-BM-M4-01.jpg

AR-15 A3 Superior lower, Bushy 16" "Superlight" barrel, EOTech, ARMS 40 BUIS (the cat & rat rifle):
    AR15-FA-UL-01.jpg

AR-15 A2 Bushmaster 20" "HBAR" set up as NM rifle, float tube, sights, two-stage trigger
    AR15-HBAR-A2-01.jpg

AR-15 A2 Colt 20" "HBAR" set up for my daughter:
    AR15-ColtA2-01.jpg

AR-15 A2 Colt - Same rifle with 16" LW barrel, also set up for the daughter:
    AR15-L2.jpg

Homemade lower set up for a single shot BMG upper:
    ARProject2009.jpg

The majority of the herd:
    AR15-herd1.jpg

I'll have to come back and add a couple more pics later. I don't have pics of the 9mm carbine, the 7.62x39 or the varmint rig, and I think I have another HBAR in the safe.

Not an AR-15, but close . . . :
    AR-10A4 Armalite 20" .308 rifle:
    AR10A4-01s.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    These are my 2, top is built of an Oly lower with mostly bushmaster parts. Bottom is built off of a DPMS lower and upper with a Bushy 14.5" barrel with a double Y comp pinned and welded to bring it to 16", working on plans for a third, a 24" match Hbar AR-10 in 260rem Thanks to Dan at gunconnection for the EOtech, my latest AR ornament.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• AR's.jpg
      AR's.jpg
      120.1 KB · Views: 26,806

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    . . . . working on plans for a third, a 24" match Hbar AR-10 in 260rem . . .

I have a .260 bolt gun and I think that is one of the best compromises for a long range cartridge one can pick. :party29:

FWIW, I'd suggest going with the DPMS version of the AR-10 if you're looking to get easy LR performance, for their versatility. The Armalite package is slightly different and you just about have to go custom to get a decent "off caliber" upper for the "real" AR-10. DPMS has quite a few "off the shelf" choices.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    My "NFA hobbykit":

sbrpelican.jpg

Lower is from an RRA Elite (my first AR). Timney trigger, Houge grip, CTR stock. Got the NFA engraving done by Orion Arms on the front of the magwell. (not shown)

The 10.5" SBR upper (registered config) is an LMT. CMT MPI bolt with upgraded extractor, Troy rail, ARMS low-profile BUIS. I don't have an optic for it right now...I'm thinking a Trijicon RX01 Reflex.

The 7.5" upper is an RRA 9mm upper with ramped bolt, Gas-Buster charging handle, Troy rail, and EOtech 512. To run it, the lower gets a Hahn bottom-loading mag block and a "Slash" 9-Q buffer and Wolff XP spring.

I also have a Colt 6920 upper for which I'm probably going to pick up a POF lower next week. Thinking about doing it in Dark Earth...not decided yet though.

There's also an AR10 somewhere around here. :D

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a .260 bolt gun and I think that is one of the best compromises for a long range cartridge one can pick.

FWIW, I'd suggest going with the DPMS version of the AR-10 if you're looking to get easy LR performance, for their versatility. The Armalite package is slightly different and you just about have to go custom to get a decent "off caliber" upper for the "real" AR-10. DPMS has quite a few "off the shelf" choices.

I have also been keeping an eye on the 6.5 creedmore, almost ballistically identical to the 260rem, but OAL is equal to standard 308win, and works better in an AR-10 action. I have built 4 AR's over the past couple years, and outside of the cost savings, the ability to match and hand fit specific parts and the reward of firing a rifle built from the ground up can't be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom