• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I bought from palmetto about a week and a half ago. Looked at my bank account this am and it's been emptied out. Called the bank and they are working on it. Said someone may have made a duplicate card of the 1 I have.took all but $5.00 !!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I bought from palmetto about a week and a half ago. Looked at my bank account this am and it's been emptied out. Called the bank and they are working on it. Said someone may have made a duplicate card of the 1 I have.took all but $5.00 !!

That's heartbreaking! Was it your credit card or your bank?
    Hoping you get some relief.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well most businesses that do on-line these days no longer keep your CC numbers once the order has been approved. That way if they get hacked there is no CC data to steal. Not all of them do that but if you have to re-enter your CC every time you do an on-line order then the chance is about 99% that they would not be the cause of a hack. You are more likely to get your card hacked while it is in your wallet walking around a mall than when actually using it. I buy from Natchez a lot these days since they tend to have better ammo deals than anyone else. Never been hacked. Most credit thieves want to use your card as close to a recent transaction as possible so people will blame someone else first. Banks just charge this against their operating overhead so in reality we all pay for it. The Feds only go after the big breeches because the small time operaters are not worth their efforts. A lot of the guys who use remote wireless scanning machines just sell the numbers to a middle man and they could end up in he possession of an Eastern European head of a crime ring, which themselves might just sell the numbers to another group to try and exploit.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's heartbreaking! Was it your credit card or your bank?
    Hoping you get some relief.

Bank debt card. Went to get on my online banking tonight and I was locked out. Called the bank and they said they had 2 other attemps of someone trying to take more money and locked down my accounts.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    CC Compromised

I have bought from Natchez in the past few weeks, and my CC showed two fraud charges, one from CC Keeper and one from Muzzone Records. They were removed and I will be issued a new card, but overall a PIA here at the holidays. I do keep a CC with a very low limit, credit use only, to be used for online purchases.

FunInMD

Jul 18, 2015
    I've bought from Natchez twice over the last couple of months and the CC company sent me new cards after someone tried buying Walmart gift cards online on Black Friday. Not saying it's definitely from Natchez but sure seems like one heck of a coincidence with the rest of this thread.

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    I bought from Natchez two weeks ago, got an email this evening from my credit card company someone tried to make a $4200 purchase at jc penny today.

Winebike

May 11, 2009
    My credit card was compromised a month ago and I got a new one. Now I see this morning that my new one was compromised on December 9th!

I make frequent purchases from Natchez and made one with my new card too. However, I also used the new card to charge stuff at 12 other businesses. Four of those, I hadn't dealt with before. I can't be sure which business is at fault. Since credit card fraud is rampant and many of us use Natchez, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions because we probably have other companies we use in common too. Nevertheless, I will call Natchez tomorrow and let them know I am concerned.

Shad

Dec 17, 2015
    Same thing here...

The same thing happened to me... twice.

Back in the summer two of my credit cards were compromised after going on a slight ammo shopping spree. I figured it was from buying gas at the wrong station, and got new cards.

Today I received a fraud alert from my new card, and Natchez was the only vendor in common with the previous situation.

I contacted Natchez and said I thought that they were having a security issue.

Please contact them so that they are made aware of this issue. The guy I spoke with said he hadn't heard anything from anyone else.

I also posted on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NatchezSS

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I haven't bought anything from Natchez in years. But, twice this year 2 of my credit cards were compromised and I had to get new ones issues. I wasn't able to tie them to any particular merchant. One is a DISC that I keep in my desk and use for online buys and the other was a MC I carry with me so no rhyme or reason.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Well it looks as if I got hacked on my card I used at Natchez some weeks ago. Two charges on my card that didn't have my approval, one was from "GSR*SMARTIDSEARCH" out of WI. & the second was from "TRADEWINDS #129" out of Ohio. Glad I had seen this thread and was able to watch my account so I think I caught it quickly before too much was taken. Thanks!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Bank debt card. Went to get on my online banking tonight and I was locked out. Called the bank and they said they had 2 other attemps of someone trying to take more money and locked down my accounts.

I've said this many times here and cannot say it enough. DO NOT USE a debit card for any of your transactions. That is how your account gets wiped out. Even if the bank makes you whole, in the time it takes, you have no money to live on or pay bills. I worked in this industry and still keep up on the reading about this stuff. Anyone running around using a debit card is just asking for trouble. With a CC the most you are liable for is $50 and that is rarely charged.
    For all those living in the past rednecks who say " I never use any damn CCs and never will" you're living in the past. Pay your damn bills when they come in and there are no finance charges, plus you build credit. Just do me a favor, before you bash me and flame me, do some F*cking homework and you'll find out I'm right on this matter.

NBCHUNTER

Dec 7, 2014
    Balto Co
    I made a purchase from Cheaper Then Dirt about a week ago, three days later the cc card company sends me a message there is unusual activity on my card and they put a hold on it. These charges were not mine, not sure it was hacked through Cheaper Then Dirt but there might be a pattern with these gun supply companies.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I made a purchase from Cheaper Then Dirt about a week ago, three days later the cc card company sends me a message there is unusual activity on my card and they put a hold on it. These charges were not mine, not sure it was hacked through Cheaper Then Dirt but there might be a pattern with these gun supply companies.

Yes. I'm always getting hacked and I have no doubt the sources are some of these suppliers. I try to stick to a very few as far a CCs go. The rest I send checks but mainly, I try to stick to the larger, better secured companies. Even if it means paying a little more up front. So far, I have had no problems with Natchez SS. Luck of the draw?:shrug: I'll not take any more chances with them though.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I think Natchez got my card 12-30. Talked with CC Company and told them I suspected the breach was with Natchez.....They will investigate... Not sure i'll hear the results.

LibertyGun

May 19, 2014
    District 14, PRM
    I know this is an old thread but I think its important to have the history. Tonight my credit card was hacked, last purchase was Natchez. Normally I would have thought a coincidence but then I recalled several weeks ago my prior card was hacked, also right after ordering from Natchez. Not sure what the deal is with them as they do send the ammo and have good prices and fast shipping. But I will not order from them again and would recommend anyone buying on their site to be extra cautious.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's crazy. I haven't order from them in a long time, but I doubt I will ever order from them again due to the information in this thread.

Thank you!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Great. And I was just going to place a purchase with Natchez. Maybe I can get a one time use VISA # from my credit card issuer.

This same sort of pattern has happened to me before as well, BTW.
    I.e: make a purchase from a new place then days later fraudulent charges show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom