Palmetto State Armory buying a complete lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Thanks Whitey. I have dealt with Blue Fins also. Very nice people from my experience. Taneytown trip, twice, all but ruins any deal I could get there. I'm 15 miles from Blue Fins though.

Good deal man! Btw, if you would look to get the .308 PSA receiver (PA10) it's cash and carry. Got my rig working great right off the bat! :party29:

-Whitey

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I was at the PSA store today in Mt. Pleasant S.C. and when the clerk heard I was from Maryland he said he couldn't sell me anything with a serial number. He had a list of about ten states that they would not sell any firearm to if your driver's license was issued from those states. I'm pretty sure that is a store policy to keep them out of trouble from not knowing every state's laws and from trying to figure out what is legal and what is not. Nice store though. Good prices on most ammo except.22 which was plentiful with most of it around .10 a round. Mini Mags .12 a round. 9mm was $13.99/50. .223 7.99 20 rounds.

Our state gun laws are all F'd up, we all know this. I for one will not criticize a business for covering their ass. Do I like it, NO. The efforts of our IP's to establish these connections to actually facilitate the business with these companies is commendable. BTW, Beemer, I'd love to see pics of the store!

-Whitey

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Our state gun laws are all F'd up, we all know this. I for one will not criticize a business for covering their ass. Do I like it, NO. The efforts of our IP's to establish these connections to actually facilitate the business with these companies is commendable. BTW, Beemer, I'd love to see pics of the store!

-Whitey

Here you go. I only took one picture with my cell phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20150817_140532119.jpg
      IMG_20150817_140532119.jpg
      72 KB · Views: 564

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I too tried to buy an AR10/AR308 lower from PSA on 8/13. That day I received a denial email. I had to call them today to get my CC refunded. I asked if they would call MSP to confirm its legality but they stated they had no intentions to try and sell any lowers to MD.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    PSA won't sell Maryland legal rifles like the M&P 10 to Marylanders. To my knowledge the only thing they will ship are Ruger 10/22s and VZ 2008s. I've never tried to order a handgun from them. They will not sell any lower to Marylanders. They will ship to some Maryland FFLs, but not through a retail customer. The top level management just doesn't want to deal with the MD BS. Seeing what MSP did with the C308 this summer, I can't say that I blame PSA. I got to chat with their compliance folks for awhile, friendly people, but they are just punching a clock.

Having said all that, I don't buy from PSA anymore. With lowers, the discount is quickly eaten up by transfer fees, shipping, the wait, and uncertainty associated with not being able to have eyes on your purchase prior to making a decision. Spikes lowers are available for a low price from our IPs. Not sure why anyone would bother with PSA in an attempt to save $10 (if you can get a transfer for $25.00). A few bucks is worth supporting the few decent FFLs we have in this state. Hell, most of our IPs should be given Governor's citations for the bravery and courage associated with operating a dealership in this state.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Choosing not to pay double the price for a Spike's (for an inexpensive & simple, future range gun), was hardly an "attempt to save $10"... :rolleyes:

I didn't/don't need to worry about any uncertainty, since I already bought one of the PSA complete lowers from an IP a few months back. He no longer has them offered. And not that it's your's or anyone else's concern, but for the record I have also made purchases from 6 different IP's. Probably quite easily more than the majority here can honestly claim...so it's a bit aggravating for anyone to "assume" that I am just another typical internet shopper, or just trying to save $10, because as my IP receipt stack and check book would prove, it's quite the contrary...;)

Jack Wagon

Sovereign
    Jul 8, 2012
    Western MD
    Listen, when MSP shows up in South Carolina to arrest the President of Palmetto then I will understand why they won't sell lowers to MD residents. Because we all know that the guys from Anderson, Spike's, etc. are all in jail right now.

ruffrocca

KingWayneTheGreat
    Mar 29, 2015
    Baltimore, MD
    JoeBob's has a pretty good selection (many options from Spikes) and will ship to FFLs here.

Engage also has plenty of forged lowers. If I remember correctly, these are around $120/each -- but you're not paying an additional transfer fee because it is their product.

Thanks for this response bro. Out of all the back and fourth between everyone else this didn't go unnoticed. Instead of arguing we could just support this Maryland based Company... it was mentioned Engaged Armament had lowers for pretty much the same price as PSA. Now as far as if they are complete lowers or 80% that's to be found out. I will be giving them a call. Thanks again

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Choosing not to pay double the price for a Spike's (for an inexpensive & simple, future range gun), was hardly an "attempt to save $10"... :rolleyes:

I didn't/don't need to worry about any uncertainty, since I already bought one of the PSA complete lowers from an IP a few months back. He no longer has them offered. And not that it's your's or anyone else's concern, but for the record I have also made purchases from 6 different IP's. Probably quite easily more than the majority here can honestly claim...so it's a bit aggravating for anyone to "assume" that I am just another typical internet shopper, or just trying to save $10, because as my IP receipt stack and check book would prove, it's quite the contrary...;)

Understood. I wasn't specifically calling out your situation. A $129.00 complete lower is a great deal. I've just noticed a lot of folks will bend over backwards to save a peanut in other instances.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    While I agree that MD gun laws are so construed that I dont blame a store from not doing business in that state at all. I just have an issue with them saying its okay to sell to a FFL but not a individual sending to that same FFL. It makes about as much sense as MD gun laws. Whether the FFL transfers the lower it purchased from PSA or the lower that was purchased by the buyer, it makes no difference. It is also frustrating when a great deal comes up and the LGS doesn't come close to that price even after transfer/shipping.

I was able to have an FFL order me a complete PSA10 lower that was on sale for 189.99 and pay the shipping and transfer fee which was still a great deal considering that FFL was selling stripped PA10 lowers for $195 at the time. I won't mention the FFL because I am not sure if they would do that all the time.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Bob,

I may have a solution to the problem. I will contact you in the morning and we can go from there.

I think we are GTG I will know for sure Monday.

I can bring these in now if anyone is interested.

:thumbsup:

While I agree that MD gun laws are so construed that I dont blame a store from not doing business in that state at all. I just have an issue with them saying its okay to sell to a FFL but not a individual sending to that same FFL. It makes about as much sense as MD gun laws. Whether the FFL transfers the lower it purchased from PSA or the lower that was purchased by the buyer, it makes no difference. It is also frustrating when a great deal comes up and the LGS doesn't come close to that price even after transfer/shipping.

:innocent0 I'd get in touch with the guy quoted above your reply...it was well worth the 40 minute drive (after work) from Rosedale. ;)

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Way to bring back a nearly year-old thread with nothing to offer but more bitching. Thanks for the contribution. Now go get ya post #5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom