• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Hmm, I wonder if this is in response to the merger. I wonder if I better spend the one I bought cheap earlier in the year just in case.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well the merger is winter 2017 at the earliest. So you've got awhile. If I were to take a guess, bass and cabelas are going to leave their stores and names seperate for awhile. I don't know what awhile is, a couple of years at least. They'll probably do more logistic and financial stuff first. Combine warehouses, merge their credit card processing and visa offerings and stuff. Probably single source some things so that cabelas jacket you buy is identical to the bass pro one, just different logo.

But I have zero idea. What bothers and worries me is BP sucks on ammo variety and prices compared to Cabelas. Cabelas carries things like PPU, IMI, Aguila and even on things like federal, Winchester and Remington their prices tend to be 5-10% less.

I've got no space till I get some more cans and I have to take it easy on finances for about, but I will be keeping my eyes open around Black Friday, New Years and Christmas for Cabelas deals while I am sure I can get them. The occasional $10 off and free shipping they have or similar means you can get good 5.56 for 25c a round for ~300 odd rounds or 7.62 for around 50c a round if the ammo is also on sale and you get some discounted gift cards

It might not be any 10k round buy...but a couple of ~300rnd buys of 5.56 and a big buy of 7.62 should top me up with another year or mores worth of ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom