• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I have 3 of them all soft. Very comfortable.

Three of the same for different guns or the three different offerings? Pro Tandem, Professional, and Original?

I have no experience with any holster and can't figure out if the dual clip of the Pro Tandem is better than the one clip in the Professional. They all look like they would be more comfortable than a piece of leather or plastic against your side.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Three of the same for different guns or the three different offerings? Pro Tandem, Professional, and Original?

I have no experience with any holster and can't figure out if the dual clip of the Pro Tandem is better than the one clip in the Professional. They all look like they would be more comfortable than a piece of leather or plastic against your side.

Mine are all 3 originals for different guns.

No experience with any of theirs other than the original model which is purely a concealment holster. They're comfortable and they work but there's no real retention/protection other than the strap if that's a concern for you.

It does hold the gun well but some people aren't comfortable carrying that way. I've had quite a few other IWB holsters over the years and have gone to a minimalist approach with a greater focus on comfort. Grab it, tuck it in the pants and forget about it. (I have enough crap on when I'm at work so when I'm off I don't want to know it's even there.)

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    How does all of the extra material effect you ability to draw?
    I have been looking at these too, but I am worried that all of the material around the grip may prevent getting a good grip if I am in a hurry.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have been looking at these too, but I am worried that all of the material around the grip may prevent getting a good grip if I am in a hurry.

I don't find it to be any more difficult than the typical leather backed kydex holsters but your mileage may vary depending on body type, the type of clothes you wear, etc...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's an awful lot of shit to tuck down inside your pants. I love when people look to make the inevitable, non existent. Carrying sucks and it's something a person has to get over. In the long run, as minimal as possible is best.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

That's why some companies make a "combat cut". It allows at least a finger or two get a good purchase on the grip, "somehow".

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's an awful lot of shit to tuck down inside your pants. I love when people look to make the inevitable, non existent. Carrying sucks and it's something a person has to get over. In the long run, as minimal as possible is best.

Not sure about the new ones but the older ones aren't very big.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I really respect your knowledge.
    When you carry something bigger than a baby Glock IWB what do you use?

An el cheapo Bianchi suede holster with spring metal clip for IWB. The picture is for a revolver, but 1 cut for a semi. I am on my second one in 25 years. It fits a number of different semi's.
    Situation dependent. a non thumbstrap suede one like this, you aren't jumping/running and definitely not crouching and bending as if you were landscaping.
    I prefer these simply because of ease. Pops right out when you sit in the car and easily slipped right in your pants when you get out of the car.

My absolute go to carry method is OWB with a Galco "concealable" holster.
    I have been rotating a havana brown one and a black one for over 15 years. Still like new. Stock photo, but truly one of the best holsters available.

Attachments

• mod6.jpg
      mod6.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 200
    • galco.jpg
      galco.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 198

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    An el cheapo Bianchi suede holster with spring metal clip for IWB. The picture is for a revolver, but 1 cut for a semi. I am on my second one in 25 years. It fits a number of different semi's.
    Situation dependent. a non thumbstrap suede one like this, you aren't jumping/running and definitely not crouching and bending as if you were landscaping.
    I prefer these simply because of ease. Pops right out when you sit in the car and easily slipped right in your pants when you get out of the car.

My absolute go to carry method is OWB with a Galco "concealable" holster.
    I have been rotating a havana brown one and a black one for over 15 years. Still like new. Stock photo, but truly one of the best holsters available.

Was waiting for you to post the above (instead of giving your answers for you ;) ). Below is the Galco that I got after your rec (that fits a Walther P99C and HK USP Compact 40 pretty well). Liked it so much that I got one for a Glock 32 as well, in black. Galco's website pics don't give justice to how nice these look.

Attachments

• Walther P99 Compact with holster.jpg
      Walther P99 Compact with holster.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 196

Florida_11B

Jun 10, 2016
    I personally use a Alien gear holster for everyday carry of my service pistol. It conforms to all of the retention guidelines my organization put in place and is so comfortable. Additionally when i fly armed i like it because of the little signature my sig has when i am wearing it. Additionally you can get a belt attachment for it now if you want a slim OWB holster

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I really respect your knowledge.
    When you carry something bigger than a baby Glock IWB what do you use?

What did you end up getting? If national reciprocity ends up happening and MD caves in some manner I think I'm going to try out the N82. I haven't found it at any shows or stores to try so it'll be a leap of faith that it's comfortable.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    What did you end up getting? If national reciprocity ends up happening and MD caves in some manner I think I'm going to try out the N82. I haven't found it at any shows or stores to try so it'll be a leap of faith that it's comfortable.

I am still in my learning curve so my experience is still very limited. I got the Alien Gear for my sig p320. For my baby glock I got the smaller version of Blaster's Galco. With that holster and the Glock 42 I have to check if I still have the gun on me it just disappears.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County

What are you trying to carry? I have one for a Sig P938 and it's awesome.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Nice. That's the one I was looking at. I was worried the fact it doesn't cover the safety. Do you think it is a big deal that it doesn't?

Is the single clip strong enough to keep it from sliding on your belt/pants?

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Nice. That's the one I was looking at. I was worried that it didn't cover the safety. Do you think it is necessary?

For me, no. First the safety takes quite a bit of force to move. Second, the retention is pretty good on this holster so I dont think the trigger is moving (or the gun to allow for a discharge).

PM me... maybe if youre somewhere close, you can try the holster out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom