• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://practiscore.com/thurmont-sun-march-10-idpa-match/register

Cody puts on a real good IDPA match. He says new shooters are welcome, guessing he will do an intro/overview before the match starts. Anyone interested is welcome to reach out to me here. Basically you need most any handgun (9mm or larger), reliable holster for that, two mag pouches (can use back pockets if you don't have any), three mags, and i'd bring 4 boxes of ammo.

This was originally scheduled for Sunday but moved to Saturday given Sunday's rainy forecast.

Mar 6, 2019
    Out of curiosity, are all IDPA matches open for spectators or does it depend on the range? I’ve been considering stopping by a match to see what it’s like.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Out of curiosity, are all IDPA matches open for spectators or does it depend on the range?

i haven't seen any that were closed off to spectators. you should check in with the match director though and they'll prob have a waiver for you to sign. cmon out, check it out, ask questions! should be plenty of vids on youtube though. and i haven't met a person yet who didn't kick themselves for coming out and watching vs bringing their gear and just doing it.

if you're a little hesitant to just jump in, check out 'steel challenge' matches. perfect newbie matches. virtually no movement, you draw and shoot an array of 5 steel plates, repeat that 5 times, then go to another stage where you shoot a different array, and so on. peacemaker national has them as do other ranges around the dmv. and if you are new and don't even want to draw, peacemaker among others will let you start at low ready.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Out of curiosity, are all IDPA matches open for spectators or does it depend on the range? I’ve been considering stopping by a match to see what it’s like.

Not sure where you are, but AAFG (1730 Saint Margarets Road, Annapolis, MD) usually has a few to several people observing their matches. Very friendly folks and helpful to newbies. I'm going there tomorrow for an IDPA BUG match. From their Prasctiscore page:

Shooters who have never competed in IDPA or USPSA matches at AAFG are required to observe a match and take a safety class before shooting their first match at AAFG. This requirement is waived for current IDPA members classified MM or higher in any division, or current USPSA members classified 20% or higher in any division.

http://www.aafg.org

https://practiscore.com/aafg-idpa-bug-match-9-march-2019/register

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD

I think if it's a true IDPA or USPSA match and not an "outlaw" match then spectators must be allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom