• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://practiscore.com/jan-13-2gun-match/register

looks like 9 spots open currently. of course, some snow predicted so who knows... last month we shot in rain and cold.

but the first one of these, last month, was a lot of fun. good round count, challenging shots and blaster shots, on the rifle range we shot out to the max there of 300yds.

you need a handgun 9mm or larger caliber (and belt, holster, mag pouches) and ar-15 or other similar carbine/rifle in .223/5.56 or larger and a sling for that. 2 mags for each gun should get you thru each stage. and 150 rounds for each gun should get you thru the match but 200 would be a safer bet.

below link shows other dates this year planned:
    https://practiscore.com/clubs/thurmont_tcsc_2gun

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I am interested, and at the sign up page.

I have a glock 9 and want to bring my Scar 17s with an 3.5x acog.

I have never done anything like this before, and am a little intimidated. Should I just sign up and show.

Also, I have not shot the scar in a while, and do not know if it is zeroed. Will i have the opportunity to zero before the match?

Thanks,
    Ed

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    prob won't be an opportunity to check and fix zero before the match, but maybe you could do that at your local range saturday? i haven't met anyone yet that just signed up and wasn't happy they did so, and most (ok, all) i've met that showed up to watch were disappointed they didn't just bring their gear and do the match.

there are two big safety items and if you follow those, you'll get thru your first match. 1 - finger must always be clearly and visibly outside the trigger guard unless you're actually on target and shooting, so if you're not shooting, moving, reloading, fixing a jam, etc, finger must be clearly outside (my pref is indexed along the frame or slide). 2 - muzzle must always be generally pointed downrange, including while reloading, fixing a jam, etc. those are while shooting. also you never want to muzzle anyone, even with an empty or flagged gun, and your rifle stays flagged and handgun stays holstered until the ro tells you to make ready, or you are at a designated safe table.

when you show up, leave all your stuff in the car and find the md or an ro and they'll walk you thru kitting up. at each stage let the ro know or remind him you're new and ask for some guidance, hints and the like.

plan b could be bring all your stuff, including a zero'd rifle, get there an hour early and talk with folks and walk the stages and if you're not comfortable, just spectate the match. i'd be happy to meet up with you to do this.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    one more thing, they need setup help on saturday. perfect chance for a newbie to get a head start and talk with other shooters. you'll have to ask the md, but pretty sure they'd let you zero your rifle after setup.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    davsco, I just registered. I think I will plan on packing up my stuff and going over Saturday morning to help set up and see what is going on. Is there some one I should contact beforehand? If I do not get to shoot, at least, I can get a feel for what is happening.

Also, can you keep my number and text or ring me when you are there. I would like to be able to say hello to you during the event.

-ed
    301-602-8770

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    hi ed, email me at davsco8@gmail.com and i'll forward the md's contact info to you and you can let him know you will help with setup. jump on squad 2 with me and i'll make sure you are safe and have fun sunday. setup starts at 0830 saturday and you get your match fee waived for helping with that. thx, david

Wetzel

Jul 30, 2013
    Are they still doing 3gun at Thurmont this year, or will this match replace it? I didn't see any new dates listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom