• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://practiscore.com/pntc-march-2019-super-steel-pm/register

these are really fun matches. normally six stages with a bunch of falling steel on each stage (plates, plate racks, poppers, texas stars, etc) and you run around uspsa-style and shoot it all. handgun, shotgun or pistol caliber carbine.

they have a morning and an afternoon match, and i think also one on sunday.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/peacemaker-national-training-center

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Complete list of dates. New Sundays squads except for the final weekend.
    March 23 & 24
    AM, PM, Sunday Squads

April 27 & 28
    AM, PM, Sunday Squads

May 25 & 26
    AM, PM, Sunday Squads

July 27 & 28
    AM, PM, Sunday Squads

Sat Nov 16
    AM, PM

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    reminder, this weekend. morning looks full but room in the afternoon. good opportunity for someone getting their feet wet, come out in the morning and spectate, and actually shoot it in the afternoon. i'm doing the morning match and anyone is welcome to hang with my squad and ask any questions they may have, stage planning, safety rules, etc. basically there are a bunch of falling steel targets on each stage and you run around and shoot them all. it is VERY fun. i'd say bring 300 rounds.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How much horsepower (in a pistol) is ideal for those knock-downs? Only ever shot falling steel with big beefy .45LC, but would probably shoot something like this with 9mm.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For pistol I like shooting 147g FP in 9mm at falling steel, but I have shoot 124g RN and it has worked also. Since I survived shooting the SC match with my recovering left eye and shot my normal 3rd and 4th I will try to fit into the Super Steel match if I can.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    How much horsepower (in a pistol) is ideal for those knock-downs? Only ever shot falling steel with big beefy .45LC, but would probably shoot something like this with 9mm.

The steel is supposed to be able to be knocked down with basic 115 gr 9mm. I've found that with the heavier stuff, you have to be more accurate with the light stuff to actually knock it over.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    no low PF stuff, though. Full power 115gr will knock most stuff down pretty well but for larger poppers or the large knockoffs it sure helps to hit them right at the very top or use a heavier bullet. Never had trouble with the moving stuff (TX stars, Polish plate rack, etc.) but the larger poppers are a solid reason to shoot full power 147s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom