• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    As I keep saying to these va threads. Welcome to Maryland. Everything you guys are going through, we already have.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it'd be comical if it wasn't so f'n serious. every one is trying to outdo the other with absolutely stupid and devastating crap.

and another thing i don't get - all the massive 2a sanctuary county activity and yet all these bs anti-2a bills seem to be moving forward.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Pay in full, or just offer in-state tuition?

Isn't that just ass **** you with lube versus ass **** you without?

I mean either way your tax money is footing the bill, just to a little lesser extent one way.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not about number of Counties or territory , it's about Population . Fairfax Co alone has 1.1 million vs rural counties with maybe 10k .

Added - Prior to Va legislature flipping , a couple of key Committee Chairmen were holding the line . After the flip , the legislative leadership is 1000t fast tracking .

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Here's a bit more info:

https://nationalfile.com/virginia-d...llegals-receive-tim-kaine-family-endorsement/

Twin bills granting illegal aliens in-state tuition are already making their way through the state legislature, both of which were introduced by Northern Virginia Democrats.

The House version, HB 1547, was introduced by Majority Whip Alfonso Lopez (D-49) of Arlington. Lopez is the son of a Venezuelan illegal immigrant, his father having permanently overstayed his tourist visa to the United States in the 1950s. “Every time I see a DREAMer kid, I see my father,” Lopez has said.

SB 935, the Senate version of the bill, was introduced by Senator Jennifer Boysko (D-33) of Herndon. In 2018, Boysko sponsored legislation that would allow illegal aliens to obtain Virginia driver’s licenses. That bill died in committee.

The bills have received widespread support from Virginia’s Democrats, with Anne Holton, the President of George Mason University and wife of Senator Tim Kaine, recently tweeting out a letter she wrote to Virginia’s legislative leaders urging their passage.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    How can you now someone is illegally here and instead of getting them out from where they belong you take an application from them for going to school. And then you tax the legal people to pay for it. What kind of bizzaro crap is this? And more importantly. Why do we allow this to happen?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    How can you now someone is illegally here and instead of getting them out from where they belong you take an application from them for going to school. And then you tax the legal people to pay for it. What kind of bizzaro crap is this? And more importantly. Why do we allow this to happen?

apparently we don't have enough sane people out there voting.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Time for every Virginia citizen to give their child a new illegal immigrant name and apply for free college. May as well use Cloward-Piven strategies against the corrupt system.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I clicked all the way through to the Va Legislature website to see what the Bills actually say .

Doesn't give free tuition . Still have to meet the same * Virginia * residency requirements as everyone else .
    Not for all illegals everywhere , just those with the required amount of time , etc , in Virginia . Just removes Citizenship/ Immigration status as a requirement for In State .

It's still a bad idea , but the scope is a lot smaller than being bandied about .

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Remember when I was stationed at Ft Useless in the late 70’s. Had a hell of a time getting instate tuition rate for some classes I was taking. And now instead of arresting them we’re “educating” them. First should be a class on learning English!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom