• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    I saw that coin on the counter when picking up a can. Ted is good people.

rvanrens

Jun 27, 2010
    Adamstown, MD
    Just bought a pair of SIG's (that share a trigger group) for an embarassingly small amount of money...it's a bit of a hike for me, but friend Theodore is a standup guy.

Rob

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    I just joined MD Shooters, and I did not know about the transfer discount until I returned to pick up my gun after 7 days. I asked about the discount, and they gave me a refund for the difference. I think that is good customer service, rather than just saying "too late." Thanks Engage.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    They seem like really good people there... perhaps the first friendly gun store people in MD I've encountered. Transfers are a little high, but lower than others in the area.

They will be keeping my business.

Mark

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Ted is good people and has done a great job with the shop. I used to work there on Saturdays when it was Potomac Trading before Ted bought it from Bill. It was a fun shop to work in then with a great and weird collection of odds and ends.

CavJoshh

Veteran
    Jul 27, 2010
    Parkville
    I work Armed security at the credit union across the street from you. Mind if I stop in with my duty weapon on when I take a quick break? (Glock 22 .40) If it's a big deal I can leave it in the truck when I come across. :P

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I work Armed security at the credit union across the street from you. Mind if I stop in with my duty weapon on when I take a quick break? (Glock 22 .40) If it's a big deal I can leave it in the truck when I come across. :P

Thanks for coming in bro, feel free to swing on by anytime. Be safe out there

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    I finally got a little free time to stop by on Tuesday evening after work. The atmosphere was very friendly. Spoke with Garrett for a little while about a dozen different things. Im going to try and swing by on Saturday to put something on consignment or trade it in towards a new toy. Its really nice to have a shop like you guys run in the area.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Andy,
    Your MD Shooter discounted transfer fee is $62 which includes the MSP fees. This is for regulated firearms as it includes the MSP fees. Is there a different fee for non regulated firearms such as bolt guns or shotguns?

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    I have delt with the guys from engage for awhile now and have always had a great experince there .............. keep up the great work !

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    SO, Can I ask you a question about Desert Eagles in general?

As a very reputable gunstore, how do you rate the Desert Eagle?
    How do your customers rate this firearm?
    Are they sturdy and reliable?

To be honest its more of a show piece than anything else. They are sturdy and are relatively reliable, but in the end its more about showing off. Its heavy, huge, and somewhat awkward as a pistol and cannot easily be used as a CCW. Moreover in the 44 and 50AE its going to be pretty expensive to shoot. If you just want something thats "bling-bling" with a big bang then its for you. If you want something thats more versatile I would not recommend it.

Glock17

Oct 20, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    To be honest its more of a show piece than anything else. They are sturdy and are relatively reliable, but in the end its more about showing off. Its heavy, huge, and somewhat awkward as a pistol and cannot easily be used as a CCW. Moreover in the 44 and 50AE its going to be pretty expensive to shoot. If you just want something thats "bling-bling" with a big bang then its for you. If you want something thats more versatile I would not recommend it.

Thank you. Well, my use of it would primarly be for hunting. I have a ruger GP100 (which i bought from your store:thumbsup:) that has a very short barrel, so i can not take it out into the wild.
    But i understand that Desert Eagles have barrel lenght of 6" or more. And this is why i'm looking for one.

BTW, Is it legal to have a handgun on me when I'm out hunting? I mean not for hunting, but for personal protection.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Thank you. Well, my use of it would primarly be for hunting. I have a ruger GP100 (which i bought from your store:thumbsup:) that has a very short barrel, so i can not take it out into the wild.
    But i understand that Desert Eagles have barrel lenght of 6" or more. And this is why i'm looking for one.

BTW, Is it legal to have a handgun on me when I'm out hunting? I mean not for hunting, but for personal protection.

A Desert Eagle with the factory long barrel would be done for hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom