• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Frosh is not only after your hunting guns, he is also actively seeking to end you days hunting..

Yep..Under guidance from the office of the attorney general, the DNR has proposed combining tracts of the Chesapeake Forest from lottery awarded leases to open public hunting land. Some of these leases have been held for decades by hunting clubs who have worked hard to promote quality deer management to keep a healthy herd and now all of that will go out the window thanks to Brian Frosh. But don't let my mere words convince you read it for yourself.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Documents/chesapeake/ChesapeakeForest-LeaseProgramChanges.pdf

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    So opening more land for public hunting is actually a round about way of being anti hunting?
    I don’t think you are being sarcastic so I’m taking this at face value and personally I am happy to have more land open.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Have these tracts of land been leased from the state and now the state wants to do away with the lease program?

So opening more land for public hunting is actually a round about way of being anti hunting?
    I don’t think you are being sarcastic so I’m taking this at face value and personally I am happy to have more land open.

So if you had held a lease (a LEGAL agreement between the state and the hunters) and all of the sudden out of the blue they decide to terminate your lease and hand over your hard work and dedication to anyone you would be OK with that? Because that's EXACTLY what the state is doing...and it's being done by someone who hates guns and by extension anyone who owns them INCLUDING HUNTERS..I'd be organizing the lease holders and showing up on opening day and daring them to come and stop us.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Everything I'm reading about this suggests that it's a net benefit to public land hunters.

Why should land bought with my tax monies be leased in eternity to a select few? The lottery system described in that document ensures all residents have a chance to hunt these public owned lands. I'm all for it, motives be damned. Sure, it'll put out some old timers who have leased for decades, but now it's got a chance to be truly public land.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I would appreciate more public hunting land in Maryland. There is not enough.

It's tough to find private land as well; with all of the liability concerns.

Leasing lands, keeps that land locked to a smaller select group of hunters. Yes, they pay for it. In order to maintain exclusive rights to hunt it.

I really don't see how this is an attack on guns. And I don't appreciate the inferred "Fudd's" title of your post.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    So if you had held a lease (a LEGAL agreement between the state and the hunters) and all of the sudden out of the blue they decide to terminate your lease and hand over your hard work and dedication to anyone you would be OK with that? Because that's EXACTLY what the state is doing...and it's being done by someone who hates guns and by extension anyone who owns them INCLUDING HUNTERS..I'd be organizing the lease holders and showing up on opening day and daring them to come and stop us.

Yeah I’d probably be pissed but I think it’s a stretch to say this is an attack on hunting.
    It seems like you are being overly dramatic calming an assault on the second amendment and hunting in an attempt to drum up support for maintaining your personal hunting lease. Sorry I’m just not feeling the outrage.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    It would seem that the 'Fudds' are those who have a long-running lease and are able to lock out other landless hunters from DNR owned land just by renewing their lease every year.

This is a good change. Public land, public access.

And they are not terminating the leases. They are just not renewing them when they expire.

I would appreciate more public hunting land in Maryland. There is not enough.

It's tough to find private land as well; with all of the liability concerns.

Leasing lands, keeps that land locked to a smaller select group of hunters. Yes, they pay for it. In order to maintain exclusive rights to hunt it.

I really don't see how this is an attack on guns. And I don't appreciate the inferred "Fudd's" title of your post.

1) frankly I don't care what you think of my derogatory use of the word fudd. A hunter that refuses to stand up for their 2A rights deserves to have their guns taken. If that describes you then so be it. If it doesn't then you have no reason to be offended.

2) If you don't see the correlation between our gun hating AG and removing hunters with guns from the state's lands then you haven't been paying attention to what Frosh and his sycophants have been doing to ALL gun owners

3) This isn't opening up more hunting property for just anyone..there will still be a lottery and people will still have to be selected to be able to hunt...

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Hah, I can feel the OP's butthurt from 100 miles away.

Listen, we're all sorry you might have more competition on "your" leased land. But we're not sorry that the land might be opened up to more state residents.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Nothing. Get over that part.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    1) frankly I don't care what you think of my derogatory use of the word fudd. A hunter that refuses to stand up for their 2A rights deserves to have their guns taken. If that describes you then so be it. If it doesn't then you have no reason to be offended.

2) If you don't see the correlation between our gun hating AG and removing hunters with guns from the state's lands then you haven't been paying attention to what Frosh and his sycophants have been doing to ALL gun owners

3) This isn't opening up more hunting property for just anyone..there will still be a lottery and people will still have to be selected to be able to hunt...

Your "off in the weeds" with your underlying reasoning about this.

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Yeah I’d probably be pissed but I think it’s a stretch to say this is an attack on hunting.
    It seems like you are being overly dramatic calming an assault on the second amendment and hunting in an attempt to drum up support for maintaining your personal hunting lease. Sorry I’m just not feeling the outrage.

Concur.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

I understand your thought on this. I do. But no one that is a law abiding citizen deserves to have their guns taken. Some people are not the hard charging show up in Annapolis type for many reasons. Some do not do well with confrontation and know they may fly off the handle and hit someone. Some may not have the capacity to argue with others reasonably. Many other reasons. But to say anyone that doesn’t stand up and openly for gun rights does not deserve to have them is a dangerous mentality.

EVERY American deserves the right to own and possess firearms and should not need to demonstrate the need to do so. Those in charge of our government should know better than to screw with that and the Supreme Court needs to step in.

Hopefully soon.....

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    One place I'd like to hunt is in the Millersville landfill property. There are MONSTER bucks in there, I have seen them... a captive herd that is is exclusively hunted. Certainly not by the public.

I know that's not leased land... though it is quite interesting how some Anne Arundel county employees protect their honey hole....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom