• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I want to take my AK to MG to shoot it. It was given to me by my brother, who is now deceased (NOT willed to me, just given to me years ago for my birthday). I'm worried because I have no documentation whatsoever for it. Am I risking it if the MSP or other LEO stops by while I'm shooting?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've never heard of anyone checking papers at a range. I also don't know anyone who takes along their receipts. I wouldn't worry about it.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I wasn't to far off grow doing a check on the welfare of you. It has been quite a while since you have posted. Have you moved into your tiny house yet?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I wouldn't worry about it. Even once the bumpstock bill goes into effect, I highly doubt it will be enforced. LEOs have better things to do, and most of them aren't happy about the gun laws in this state either.

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville
    Well I personally haven’t seen them come and check firearms but have seen and heard about the cops showing up for felons being there shooting. Dan doesn’t even unlock the place anymore , they are unlocked 24/7 just don’t get caught there shooting early or after the stop times

j_kroeber

Mar 14, 2018
    SOMD
    Well I personally haven’t seen them come and check firearms but have seen and heard about the cops showing up for felons being there shooting. Dan doesn’t even unlock the place anymore , they are unlocked 24/7 just don’t get caught there shooting early or after the stop times

I went there for the first and last time a few weeks ago, it was locked until 1. There was some work being done on the roads that day so maybe it was a one off but just thought ya'll should know.

Side note: I have only been once but I left after about 40 minutes to to the facts that: 1. Dude in the lane next to me was shooting at my target (100 yards) with a .50 beowulf (his target was at 25 yards) and he actually said he thought my target was his, never mind the fact that mine was a B/W 100 YD rifle sight in and his was shoot n see, but while I was walking back to the line I saw folks messing with their guns, bolts closed, mags in etc. Don't get me wrong there were good guys there but there were also knuckleheads abound.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I went there for the first and last time a few weeks ago, it was locked until 1. There was some work being done on the roads that day so maybe it was a one off but just thought ya'll should know.

Side note: I have only been once but I left after about 40 minutes to to the facts that: 1. Dude in the lane next to me was shooting at my target (100 yards) with a .50 beowulf (his target was at 25 yards) and he actually said he thought my target was his, never mind the fact that mine was a B/W 100 YD rifle sight in and his was shoot n see, but while I was walking back to the line I saw folks messing with their guns, bolts closed, mags in etc. Don't get me wrong there were good guys there but there were also knuckleheads abound.

I've been going their sense 1974 and stopped going a few years back on weekends

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville

Sunday’s and Monday’s it doesn’t open till 1pm

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Seen a trooper check some gear a week ago at a public range. When the one party was leaving, the trooper instructed his buddy, that's right his buddy, to stop them boys and let them know I need to see what they got before he got up from the bench. Maybe it was just an amicable I want to see what they have because I'm interested, it was FA, maybe he has a duty, I don't know no dog in that one.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Yes. Lived in it for over a year. Loved it. Presently living in big house (not jail) for a while to get both houses ready to sell. Moving to Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom