• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I know that there is currently one in Urbana but a sign went up this morning at the former BP station on 85 next to Shockley Honda. This station suddenly closed over a month ago and was not sure why but this appears to be the answer!! Good fried chicken that is close to home!!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I'm trying to figure out how to start a rofo franchise in texas. There is no good fried chicken here....

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I know that there is currently one in Urbana but a sign went up this morning at the former BP station on 85 next to Shockley Honda. This station suddenly closed over a month ago and was not sure why but this appears to be the answer!! Good fried chicken that is close to home!!
    Meh, it's not a Wawa
    See bolded above. :)

I'm trying to figure out how to start a rofo franchise in texas. There is no good fried chicken here....
    :D

https://www.royalfarms.com/potential-store-location

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Ooooooh yeah. I just sent a message:party29:

"I lived in MD for 30 years. Just moved to Texas last year. I miss my rofo like crazy. The only comparable establishment here is QuikTrip and all they have for fresh food is subpar sandwiches. Even the regular chicken restaurants dont stack up. Royal Farms chicken would annihilate the market down here. Need to come down south ASAP. Let's get the ball rolling!"

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

They seem to have taken an interest in this area. There's a zoning sign referencing one on Monocacy Blvd. near Gas House Pike, almost across from the Nicolock facility. That's not far from Shockley, seems kind of surprising to have two so close.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They seem to have taken an interest in this area. There's a zoning sign refereencing one on Monocacy Blvd. near Gas House Pike, almost across from the Nicolock facility. That's not far from Shockley, seems kind of surprising to have two so close.

lol, go to parkville. THere are 6 of them within a 10 minute drive :lol2:

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn

Yeah, I never did find a good place for fried chicken in TX. Good BBQ made up for it and the Mex food can't be beat. I assume you have been to Whattaburger, I did not think it was all that but Texans love it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah, I never did find a good place for fried chicken in TX. Good BBQ made up for it and the Mex food can't be beat. I assume you have been to Whattaburger, I did not think it was all that but Texans love it.
    Lol, I love bbq, but I'm texmexed out tbh...

Whataburger is okay. I try to avoid fast food as much as possible so I've only been there 2x.

Church's is acceptable as slightly better than popeyes. Still not on par with rofo though.

Babe's has amazing fried chicken, but that's a full service restaurant.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Yeah, ROFO bought the BP from Ewing Oil. Apparently they are having a tough time getting permits from what I hear. I've experienced what its like to do anything gas related in Frederick County permit wise... And they aren't pleasant to deal with.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Was wondering what was going to replace BP. Rofo is good news - great coffee, great chicken! :thumbsup:

Dammit man ;), now look what you made me do :D ...

Attachments

• Royal Farms.jpg
      Royal Farms.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 641

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Down here they are going up in every town. While Thier chicken is good, otherwise give me Wawa. Wawa also seems to keep a cleaner bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom