• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I grabbed this list from another online article, no idea if its complete....I am wondering how many of these items are tossed in to just get the average peson to say "well, thats not so bad"..... or maybe we are just used ot the restrictions in Md?

The List:

1.Ban and buyback semi-automatic “assault weapons.” The only exception would be for shooting ranges where civilians could should those “assault weapons.”

2.Ban and buy back bump stocks, large-capacity magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and silencers.

3.Implement a 48-hour cooling-off period between the time a person purchases a firearm and the time they take possession of it.

4.Establish standards for safely storing firearms including smart tech, mandate that all gun owners comply with those standards, and fund a national educational program focused on safe storage of firearms.

5.Implement background checks for all firearm and ammunition purchases, regardless of whether the seller is federally licensed, a gun show vendor, or a private seller.

6.Create a federal licensing program for gun owners, requiring them to satisfactorily complete a training program with both written and practical exams, the same way most states do with cars and hunters.

7.Require that liability insurance be purchased before a person can buy, trade, or otherwise receive a firearm, which is what states already require for automobiles.

8.Create a national firearm registry that is linked to individual firearms, and require that all purchases, transfers, and donations of firearms be mandatorily registered.

9.Require federally licensed firearms dealers to conduct their business only in commercial sporting goods or firearms premises, not from their homes, funeral homes, or other premises that are not otherwise related to sporting or firearms.

10.Prohibit individuals from purchasing more than one handgun per 30-day period.

11.Require all federally licensed firearms dealers to report firearm theft within 24 hours.

12.Require all federally licensed firearms dealers to conduct an inventory of their firearms at least once every six months and report the inventory results to the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

13.Prohibit the online sale of firearms manufactured after the year 1898.

14.Require that all people or businesses selling more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition in a 30-day period be federally licensed in a program similar to the Federal Firearms Licensee system.

15.Prohibit the online sale of ammunition.

16.Limit ammunition sales for individual purchasers to 200 rounds per 30-day period.

17.Prohibit individuals from hoarding ammunition in quantities exceeding 200 rounds per caliber or gauge.

18.Repeal the law that prohibits the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from consolidating and centralizing records relating to the acquisition of firearms maintained by federal firearms licensees.

19.Empower the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to increase the frequency of unscheduled audits of federally licensed firearms dealers.

20.Incentivize states to create a statutory rebuttable presumption of liability if a gun registered to a person causes harm to the person or property of another.

21.Let people sue gun manufacturers by repealing the Protection for Lawful Commerce in Guns Act, which is a federal law the protects gun manufacturers from civil liability.

22.Empower the Consumer Product Safety Commission or other relevant federal agencies to implement safety standards that must be met by all firearms manufactured or in commerce in the United States, to eliminate junk guns, and to examine the feasibility of smart gun technology.

23.Prohibit the manufacture or sale of guns that are not detectable by metal detectors, including 3-D printed firearms.

24.Regulate firearm assembly kits the same way firearms are regulated.

25.Mandate evidence-based ballistics identification techniques, such as microstamping, for all rifles and handguns manufactured or in commerce in the United States.

26.Prohibit the manufacture and sale of M855 ammunition for civilians.

27.Prohibit the manufacture and sale of hollow-nose bullets for civilians.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Below are my opinions....

1. Working well in New Zealand apparently (not)
    2. Worked well in Jersey & New York (not)
    3. We live in Md, only 2 days? Ok (see, they got me there!)
    4. How about a simple law (not that we should need it) that simply requires safe storage and limited access (dont we already have that most places?)
    5. If the firearm background check could be done online, FREE of charge where both parties enter it and there was no waiting period, thats not a bad idea. The ammunition idea? get the hell outta here!
    6. I stand mixed on this. There should be NO permit required to own a firearm. If I want to CARRY, then sure, I am all for requiring testing every 5 years for competency, Show me you can hit the target properly, like driving a car. Otherwise, no permit or licensing at all! Long guns should NEVER need a permit, period.
    7. You can't require insurance for a God Given right..... F off!
    8. NO
    9. If you are zoned for a business, have at it. Mind your business.
    10. As long as you pass the background, buy all ya want! Support your local gun shop!
    11. I can't believe thats not already a law... this actually makes sense!
    12. I agree a twice a year and report all DISCREPANCIES it a great idea. Quaterly makes more sense from an operations perspective, but, thats just me...
    13. Why???What would that actually stop? Firearms have to ship to an already licensed dealer as it is.... changes nothing...
    14. again, what exactly does this accomplice?
    15. While the local gun shops may enjoy this... its free commerce... no reason to restrict this purchase
    16. GTFO - thats not even enough to have a fun day with a 22... buy whatever you can afford!
    17. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong..... what I own, is MY business...
    18. So they aren't centralized? why?? we pay multiple places to do the same job? ONE spot please...
    19. As long as it isn't being used to harass a shop owner a random spot check doesn't SOUND onerous. Whats the allowed time frame now? once a year, twice a year? once every 5 years? Anyone?
    20. So I am guilty until I can prove otherwise because I own the gun? NO
    21. If you can't sue Ford for having their cars kill with drunk drivers, the same argument stands.
    22. This I have no clue, is there no one that polices the safety aspect? or is it just assumed Darwin will weed out the idiots? Im good with Darwins idea...
    23. I'm no ninja or assassin... so not sure how I feel about this.... I personally wouldn't want an all plastic gun, but.... thats liek saying I only go duck hunting, who cares about your AR rifles... Tech changes, nothing to be scared of.
    24. Nope, you already regulate the serialized piece... the rest are just parts
    25. WAY too expensive, and will force so many parts makers out of business....
    26. again, why?
    27. again, why?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    He can suck on it!!!

And then sit on it and rotate.

I'm not worried about him getting elected and trying to implement his policies... but his roadmap is pretty detailed and we know these individual policy points will be picked up by other intellectually lazy politicians who, nonetheless, may be in a better position to push this heinous agenda.

WWNC.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Note to self:

Must hide all my Hollow Nose boolitz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    That dude is an idiot that has no polling numbers. His rally at NRA headquarters drew about twenty (yes, 20) people. I assume he was paying them to be there. He'll be going back to his burrow under a bridge shortly.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Age differential not withstanding, Swallow-well and Froth could have been separated at birth.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Except Frosh is a true believer leftist. Swalwell is just a dim and incredibly smarmy panderer looking to keep his cushy job.
    Maybe. He sure has bucked his genetics in this quest. Could blame it on the milkman.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

1. FVCK OFF!
    2. FVCK OFF!
    3. FVCK OFF!
    4. FVCK OFF!
    5. FVCK OFF!
    6. FVCK OFF!
    7. FVCK OFF!
    8. FVCK OFF!
    9. FVCK OFF!
    10. FVCK OFF!
    11. FVCK OFF!
    12. FVCK OFF!
    13. FVCK OFF!
    14. FVCK OFF!
    15. FVCK OFF!
    16. FVCK OFF!
    17. FVCK OFF!
    19. FVCK OFF!
    20. FVCK OFF!
    22. FVCK OFF!
    23. FVCK OFF!
    24. FVCK OFF!
    25. FVCK OFF!
    26. FVCK OFF!
    27. GET FVCKED BY A FREIGHT TRAIN

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

1. FVCK OFF!
    2. FVCK OFF!
    3. FVCK OFF!
    4. FVCK OFF!
    5. FVCK OFF!
    6. FVCK OFF!
    7. FVCK OFF!
    8. FVCK OFF!
    9. FVCK OFF!
    10. FVCK OFF!
    11. FVCK OFF!
    12. FVCK OFF!
    13. FVCK OFF!
    14. FVCK OFF!
    15. FVCK OFF!
    16. FVCK OFF!
    17. FVCK OFF!
    19. FVCK OFF!
    20. FVCK OFF!
    22. FVCK OFF!
    23. FVCK OFF!
    24. FVCK OFF!
    25. FVCK OFF!
    26. FVCK OFF!

Now that was well stated :)

A quality wordsmith. :thumbsup:

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD

1. FVCK OFF!
    2. FVCK OFF!
    3. FVCK OFF!
    4. FVCK OFF!
    5. FVCK OFF!
    6. FVCK OFF!
    7. FVCK OFF!
    8. FVCK OFF!
    9. FVCK OFF!
    10. FVCK OFF!
    11. FVCK OFF!
    12. FVCK OFF!
    13. FVCK OFF!
    14. FVCK OFF!
    15. FVCK OFF!
    16. FVCK OFF!
    17. FVCK OFF!
    19. FVCK OFF!
    20. FVCK OFF!
    22. FVCK OFF!
    23. FVCK OFF!
    24. FVCK OFF!
    25. FVCK OFF!
    26. FVCK OFF!

Great minds... Although the last one; I'm not creative enough to have thought of it, but after about .1 second of consideration, I'm willing to compromise and agree 100%... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom