• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I was reading a news article online about a guy in New York who was busted with a bunch of guns and one thing that they seemed to key on was the "Starfish" AR-15 magazine adapter. From what I have read, it is an adapter that will hold five 10 round magazines. Would this be legal in Maryland since it is just an adapter to hold "low capacity" magazines? Not that I would want something like that because it seems like a pain to use and is more a gimmick than anything.

13218048-7003507-image-a-13_1557268105565.jpg

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Magazine couplers are legal.

Is this really illegal in NY? Or was this just Melodramatic Prosecutorial Bloviating, as per usual. I think the latter.

I don't know that it is illegal. I am guessing they are mentioning it because it is "scary" looking and he had 50 rounds right there. I have serious doubts about the practicality of it since it seems like it would be too awkward to use. Maybe you could use the 2 mags that stick down as some kind of bi-pod.

I don't know that it is illegal. I am guessing they are mentioning it because it is "scary" looking and he had 50 rounds right there. I have serious doubts about the practicality of it since it seems like it would be too awkward to use. Maybe you could use the 2 mags that stick down as some kind of bi-pod.

I believe New Jerks law allows 7 rounds max so he will be charged with 5 counts of possessing illegal mags.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Personally I think drum mags are impractical as well. They are heavy, jam, and unwieldy to change. What you really want is a belt fed gun :D. But drum mags have a **** you appeal.

I think some of of these press conferences amount to **** you right back.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Might as well ban rubber bands and electri-tactical tape.

(neither of which changes your existing magazine into a scary, baby-killing, metal-box-of-death assault magazine type.)

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    NYS law is even weirder than that.
    Its counted as 5 separate 10-round magazines, TRUE!
    BUT!
    you can only legally load 7 rounds into each 10 round magazine under the SAFE act.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    does anyone own one of these adapters, how solid is it, I can see it being very unwieldly once you are above 20 round mags and the force needed to seat the mag could cause mags to not to be fully seated.

That thing with 30+ would make it look like a satellite dish.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm afraid you missed the bit about the insanity.
    The 10-round magazines are not required to be blocked or modified in any way.
    :banghead:
    Its just "naughty" if you put the last 3 in.
    You might call it "Mini-Mario's Bullet Free Zone"!
    :lol2::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom