• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    You must have been the guy the vender said was giving him a hard time, right before i started giving him a hard time.

Who knows. The lady who sells ammo with her husband, still is pissed off at me.
    Her fault, she had 1k of SS109 (Bosnian) marked at 260 per 1k. So i bought 1k from her, even asked her if it was the correct price. Yeah, shes still pissed. seeing as i got it for 100 bucks less than it should have been.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats a hell of a deal on SS109, I have two battle packs that I bought off those guys who go to York, Chantilly, Malboro and Harrisburg for $75 pack. $260 I would have said give me 3k of it!

Hmmmmm the VZ is probably sold by now so I doubt if I will go tomorrow.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not a lot it just is an "odd" weopon, takes AK mags, and is not regulated in the state of Maryland. At that price not a bad buy, I wish I had bought Hakims when they still could be had under three bills a year or two ago.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    whats so special about a vz-52?

The price was right. But i didn't know a lot about them when i was at the show. Originally they were chambered in 7.62x45, which is hard to find, so when i saw it labeled as 7.62x39 i figured it was a mistake. Especially at that price. It looked like someone had "bed linered" the stock. Its not as common as an sks, and similar to a hakim or a svt.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    If its a Vz-52 that is chamberd for 7.62x39 it has a chamber insert Be careful!. If its labled vz-52/57 it was originaly chamberd in 7.62x39. Very few 52/57's were imported, ive only seen 2 myself. They usually go for 400$ and up. You can still find the century spray on bedliners rifles fairly cheap.

I dont think the were original made to take ak mags. They usually look like a sks kinda. 10 round mag and they accept stripper clip on top. Still a decent deal.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I went yesterday and it was relatively productive. I stayed much longer than I planned and ended up getting to the vintage Triumph show in Jefferson late.

I finally got the custom fit earplugs made I’ve been looking for. Great vendor.

Also, picked up the Tyler T-grips I’ve been wanting for my K and N frame Smith revolvers. Dusty at D&G is always good to deal with. A pleasure to see him at a “small” local show.

Finally, although I wasn’t looking for one, I got a very nice numbers matching 1944 Russian M-38 carbine in 7.62 x 39 for $85. To good to pass up. I did wait a bit too long to buy the loose box 7.62 x 39mm light ball ammo and it was gone when I went back. Oh well, I guess I’ll be placing an order with AIM Surplus and running that puppy out to the range!

I was very tempted to buy a couple .22 LR tube-feed bolt action rifles I saw (one show vendor, one private sale), but I don't really need another one.

Matt

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I would have been there but my mower and weedeater but revolted on me friday eve so I went and got parts and still had to mow yesterday, today I had already promised to help my father today so I missed out on this one altogether. Oh well

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I stopped there briefly Saturday a.m., on the way back from some business in Westminster. It was better than average as SGS shows go. Lots of AR stuff. One seller had the new Ruger LCP for $295... but "no sales 'til Monday" :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom