• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Here we go...

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/government/ac-cn-gun-blueprints-20180811-story.html

Majority Leader Kathleen Dumais, D-Montgomery County, is drafting legislation that would ban the possession of 3D-printed guns and “ghost” guns, firearms that don’t have serial numbers.
    “I haven’t heard a good reason on why people need to own 3D-printed guns and ghost guns,” Dumais said.
    :asshat:

Nobody needs a whiny little bitch either, yet here you are!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    They're going after 80s.

They just haven't said it yet.

Cuzz they're focusing on serial numbers.

And are no longer focusing on detection.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    So if I put a sticker on that has a number, then I'm good to go. ATF doesn't care, and unless they specifically state how to put it on, a sticker should work.

Has anyone explained that ghost guns and 3d printed guns become illegal if sold? Then what is the difference between filing/destroying of serial numbers and "ghost" guns?:sad20:

Q

Mr H

Banana'd
    So if I put a sticker on that has a number, then I'm good to go. ATF doesn't care, and unless they specifically state how to put it on, a sticker should work.

Has anyone explained that ghost guns and 3d printed guns become illegal if sold? Then what is the difference between filing/destroying of serial numbers and "ghost" guns?:sad20:

Q

Because otherwise law-abiding citizens don't file off the numbers.

Cast the largest net you can, to catch the fish you want.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    They will ban 80’s and 3D printed guns but grandfather them ifvthe atf gives us permission, they now have precident and no matter who the next governor is he will sign it smiling with the moms against everything looking on

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They're going after 80s.

They just haven't said it yet.

Cuzz they're focusing on serial numbers.

And are no longer focusing on detection.

They are also going after antiques with that language.

Nothing like a mint 1800ish Winchester that can not be collected in Maryland.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Because otherwise law-abiding citizens don't file off the numbers.

Cast the largest net you can, to catch the fish you want.

Yeah, H. That's already understood. We're all guilty until proven innocent.

We have more people dying from drugs and car accidents than by "ghost"/3d guns. Let's go for the low hanging fruit rather than tackle the real issues.:sad20:

Q

Mr H

Banana'd
    And the liberals gun grabbing/confiscation keeps rearing it’s ugly head here in Maryland.

And, year after year, our people show up in smaller numbers... :mad54:

1st order of business is November. People need to work the bricks for good candidates in their districts to elect a minimum of 5 'turnover' Senators, and 7 Delegates. Also, 1-A is to support the snot out of Craig Wolf as AG. With those, the Supermajority of the Mikes is broken, and we get an avowed enemy out of the way.

2nd item is to coalesce and show up in Annapolis in greater numbers than in recent years. Not to 'rally', but to go door to door in the Senate and House office buildings, engaging both sides, to show the 2A community really does GAF. We greatly outnumber the Mommies Desperate for Attention, and somehow they seem to do it.

3rd need is to support the organizations that support you. MSI, MSRPA, MLFDA (and others) have been shouldering the load, and we owe them more than just financial support (though money is where the battle is joined).

I've said this for a long time, but this is doable as a community, if we could just stop eating our own long enough to understand there is no one approach that is better than any other, and multiple approaches keep the opposition off-balance.

I'm hoping that our health situations (the wife and I) are improving to a point where we will be able to get back to an involvement level to give more than just moral support, but trust me that I have seen this work... as long as people stay focused.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    This guy gets it. It isn't about criminal control, it is about citizen control, with the eventual turn to being subjects.

I think you’re giving this legislator too much credit for strategic thinking. I think it’s really about a nice write-up in the CC Times, maybe some legislation and then a photo in the Baltimore Sun, then maybe he gets to sit down with a Bloomberg lackey for a big donation in support of a bid to the Congress.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think you’re giving this legislator too much credit for strategic thinking. I think it’s really about a nice write-up in the CC Times, maybe some legislation and then a photo in the Baltimore Sun, then maybe he gets to sit down with a Bloomberg lackey for a big donation in support of a bid to the Congress.

Dumais is no dumbass.

She knows full well that there are vagaries and spread to be exploited, that can be concealed within hot-button language to catch the attention of the softskull media (who then propagate it to the sheeple).

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I'm thinking some signs reminding Dumias of what happened in Lexington might be a good reminder to would be red coats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom