• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Just bought a Glock 19 Gen 4 today and am looking to get a set of night sights. What are your favorites? Why?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like the Vickers rear with .240" Ameriglo big dot front, they are tall, precise, easy to line up fast, green over orange 2 dot in low light, big green front and no-glare rear U-notch are awesome in the day. Also have had good luck with arotek, really easy to install, lower profile, snag free, faster to line up, a bit buisy sight picture, 2 peice rear is really easy to install without a press.

20160314_154528.jpg

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Send the stripped slide to Glock and they'll put factory glock night sights on it and replace the slide internals (no barrel or RCA) for less than $70 (I think I paid $67?).

That said, I think a light is better than night sights.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Streamlight TLR-1.

I'm not a fan of night sights even though I have Trijicons GL01s on my bedside Glock 22. If it's so dark you have to use night sights how can you acquire your target confidently? The light can blind an intruder and gives you a point of aim.

Just my opinion...

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I have the OEM night sights on my gun. They work when it's dim, not just when it's pitch black. When there's still adequate light to identify your target, they glow brightly enough to be picked up quickly. I think a sight combo was $57 from Glock plus shipping.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Streamlight TLR-1.

I'm not a fan of night sights even though I have Trijicons GL01s on my bedside Glock 22. If it's so dark you have to use night sights how can you acquire your target confidently? The light can blind an intruder and gives you a point of aim.

Just my opinion...

Agreed. Spend the money on a TLR or surefire 300 and you’ll have an effective weapon to use in the dark.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Streamlight TLR-1.

Just my opinion...

It's not an either-or thing, ideally you would have both. Night sights aren't intended for no-light, they are simply easier and faster to pick up in low light when it's hard to see plain sights, dark areas indoors, indirectly lit areas at night, even some indoor ranges. They work best WITH flashlight techniques, and good ones add contrast and are visible when the flashlight is shining on the target.

Low light:
    20160211_071510.jpg
    very low/no light
    20160211_064115.jpg

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    XS Big Dots. They're based on the hunting sights used on African game that hunts you back. Very quick acquisition (same concept as the Vickers, and some of the TruGlo sights). They shoot equally well no matter what light you have.

That said, any similar concept (the 'golf ball and tee' style) from other manufacturers would likely work as well. I do like the lower rear sight that doesn't have something blocking the front on either side, it makes acquisition of the front sight that much faster. At bad guy distances, if the big dot is on them, you're probably going to hit, even under stress.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm leaning toward the trijicon but idk if I would prefer a white front sight or orange.

Meprolite, because all my sigs have them. I like to have the same sight picture on the glocks I carry daily as my sigs.

I like the basic 3 white dots in daytime. In darkness they glo brighter than any others and I have been through a bunch of different brands of night sights.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    It's not an either-or thing, ideally you would have both. Night sights aren't intended for no-light, they are simply easier and faster to pick up in low light when it's hard to see plain sights, dark areas indoors, indirectly lit areas at night, even some indoor ranges. They work best WITH flashlight techniques, and good ones add contrast and are visible when the flashlight is shining on the target.

Low light:
    View attachment 214435
    very low/no light
    View attachment 214436
    Agree. Use both if at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04