• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    Scott confirmed he will be taking the stuff for NFA prints and photos.

We're going to take some of our suppressors, as well.
    Badass, I'll see y'all at the show!

Actually heading to blue Finn's today also

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    O.K., I have a question. Why are the prints and photos for NFA less than prints for the HQL? I'm not trying to start a raft of crap. Just want to know why there is so much difference in cost.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    O.K., I have a question. Why are the prints and photos for NFA less than prints for the HQL? I'm not trying to start a raft of crap. Just want to know why there is so much difference in cost.

They are ink, not electronic. My guess would be low cost of equipment. Didn't the state have something to do with the pricing of livescan as well?

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD

Livescan goes through the state and/or FBI. They charge the fingerprint provider when the provider transmits them to the state. There's about $20 to the provider in profit, depending on the provider.

Ink and paper isn't ink and paper anymore. They use the Livescan scanner, then print them on cards with specific kinds of printers. No direct cost except for a $10,000 scanner and computer to run the Livescan system.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    As a member of the facility where this is being held, I would like to welcome Bluefins back for Gun Show part 2 , there will be food and drinks available again and if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

NOBODY

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Livescan goes through the state and/or FBI. They charge the fingerprint provider when the provider transmits them to the state. There's about $20 to the provider in profit, depending on the provider.

Ink and paper isn't ink and paper anymore. They use the Livescan scanner, then print them on cards with specific kinds of printers. No direct cost except for a $10,000 scanner and computer to run the Livescan system.

Thank you for the reply. If I understand correctly, it would appear that the state is making even more money off of FSA 2013 that I thought, through hidden fees charged to the finger print provider!:sad20:

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    But Best Buy will Price match....

That's because Best Buy is a multi-billion $$$ company and can afford to price match with online store. Once I buy Dick's Sporting Goods and Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas, I'll be more than happy to price match. But for now, price matching means I don't eat or pay my bills... :lol2:

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    I for one am looking forward to my first show. As a first time handgun owner, I have a few questions and am still looking for my "favorite" shop.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok. I made a boo-boo on the flyer. The show is Saturday and Sunday December 10-11
    Vendor load in in Friday and Saturday.
    I used the vendor flyer as a template for the gunshow flyer.
    A Big OOPS on my part.
    Pass the word about the show... Not the fact that I'm an idiot.
    Hope to see you ALL there SATURDAY and SUNDAY.. December 10- 11.
    Follow the pink flamingos and listen for the radio ad on 100.7 The Bay.
    Feel free to change any flyer you see to be the correct days.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok flyer is fixed.
    Please feel free to print it out and post where all can see.
    Sorry for the mistake. ... Stuff happens.

Attachments

• gunshowpublic.jpg
      gunshowpublic.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 433
    Last edited:

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Secret password for MDShooters is......
    Rudolph (the red nosed reindeer)
    • This will get you $1.00 off admission
    • A wristband to identify yourself to dealers and other MDShooters throughout the show.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I may break down and get my HQL finally. Grandfathered handgun owners just need to be printed, right?

Do I need proof of prior ownership?

Other than my records of ownership already in the MSP database, I mean... :D

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I may break down and get my HQL finally. Grandfathered handgun owners just need to be printed, right?

Do I need proof of prior ownership?

Other than my records of ownership already in the MSP database, I mean... :D

Fingerprints and application to MSP on their website is all you need. Your proof of ownership is the make, model, serial number, barrel length, finish and country of manufacturing.

We had a guy a few months ago that called licensing division and inquired about his handgun he bought 10 years ago. They had no record of it, including the 77R number. He submitted his HQL application and they approved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom