• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    MD law requires a 7 day wait for a regulated or treated as regulated firearm (AR/AK reciever). However MSP is the POC for NICS and would need (IIRC) legislative action to turn the FFL into the POC for NICS for regulated items. Then you could simply fill out a 4473 escaping the superflous, discriminatory and excessive 77R. MD Is now NICS compliant per a conversation with former MSP LD head Jack McCauley so we could make handguns 4473 and then just a 7 day wait.

Regarding computers at shows, I have seen at several shows some dealers will have one or more desktops set up at their tables to do sales, usually in use most of the time.

For the highlighted, as I recall there is simply a MOU with the ATF that MSP is the POC for NICS which could be changed to let the dealers do the background checks directly, simply by a letter from the governor with a new memorandum. The MSP would still have to check their 17 Magic Databases since that's the statute, it would just be a little simpler since the NICS would already be done. During a General Asylum session in Annapolis (can't remember which year) there was a bill to do just that, I testified in favor at the House committee hearing but the bill never escaped the Chairman's desk drawer.

PS this post brought to you by ARU (that's Acronyms R Us:lol2:)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    We had one for $499 at the show. Still do.

Did anyone even see us right inside the front door?... LOL

Yes, I saw it. I've got a standing offer from another dealer for $469.

Just about all of them. A few, including Palmetto, are a pain in the keister, but we'll still transfer for them.

We also don't charge transfer fees, credit card fees or background check fees when you buy the gun from us.

Interesting situation...

$469 + fees listed = $???

$499 + 0 fees listed = $???

Are those fees > or < $30? The base price difference is not always the real price difference in the end.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Interesting situation...

$469 + fees listed = $???

$499 + 0 fees listed = $???

Are those fees > or < $30? The base price difference is not always the real price difference in the end.

Yes, my fees are $10 to the FFL and $10 to the MSP.

Thank you for being concerned about my financial stability. But I think I've got this. :innocent0

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yes, my fees are $10 to the FFL and $10 to the MSP.

Thank you for being concerned about my financial stability. But I think I've got this. :innocent0

Your financial stability is nothing I ever even considered. Nor was it alluded to in ANY way. My question was about the cost difference from the dealer. And I said so in my comment pointing out that base price is not the full picture when there are added fees which can negate any difference. You saved $10.00... good for you. YOU pointed out that the other FFL was $30.00 cheaper... But it was only $!0.00 difference. And THAT is why it was noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom