• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Not trying to be a jerk guys but please do not over analyze this question.
    Can I buy a 16" hbar ar15, both of us MD residents face to face cash in hand.
    It is a manufacturers gun not a build. Not interested in anything to do with the lower being registered or not please just answer my question. Yes or no. Thank you guys

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    AR15 HBAR's are not regulated and can be bought cash-n-carry from FFL01.

If you have any reason to believe the other party is prohibited, don't close the sell. Get a bill of sale (one here on forum somewhere).

IANAL. If you're concerned, call MSP licensing. My words are worth what you just paid for them...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It is a manufacturers gun not a build. Not interested in anything to do with the lower being registered or not please just answer my question. Yes or no. Thank you guys

As long as it is Marylinistan Legal meaning it is not a manufacturer or model BANED by MSP. Cash and carry. Seller may want a copy of your drivers license with a written bill of sale. Is that “analyzed” enough? Good hunting!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    HBAR is cash and carry, either dealer or private party. Lots of places have them in stock. Happy hunting!

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I can understand people being cautious, living in this crazy gun-law state, afraid of getting in trouble. All we can try and do is explain the rules to them....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can spitball a cpl scenarios where the seller might feel cautious ( not having to do with buyer ) . Bottom line - Willing buyer And Willing sellers . If he doesn't care to , we can't make him .

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

For the future:

The most definitive answer is available by naming the exact rifle make and model, and barrel markings.

The braintrust here has a good track record of helping when the info is detailed.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    First indicator of a suspicious buyer is refusing to present identification and not wanting a web judiciary search done.

Maybe, but not necessarily. The only thing someone would find on me is a citation for failure to use a seatbelt about 6 years ago. However, I'm not fond of the idea of handing a complete stranger a copy of my dl, which includes of course full name, dob, and address.

So... unless the seller is very well established on here, if they were to ask for a copy I would walk away. I'll go to an ffl for what I want instead.

I understand if they aren't comfortable selling, but I'm not comfortable sharing.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    And, bullfrog, a traffic citation won’t disqualify you on federal and stae levels. I wouldn’t sell to you because I could not verify your residency and you refuse to identify yourself. That could leave me in a predicament.
    If selling someone a firearm I need to verify who they are. And need to know they may legally take possession. I had to turn down one individual because a search Maryland Judiciary website he had convictions related to violence. I had two others approach me with suspicious lines, one an industry partner! Sorry, oif my name is associated with a firearm I need to know it won’t be used in a criminal way and the person receiving it is legal to take possession. I recpercate that respect as a buyer.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    And, bullfrog, a traffic citation won’t disqualify you on federal and stae levels.

Of course not, that's why I mentioned it.

I wouldn’t sell to you because I could not verify your residency and you refuse to identify yourself. That could leave me in a predicament.
    If selling someone a firearm I need to verify who they are. And need to know they may legally take possession. I had to turn down one individual because a search Maryland Judiciary website he had convictions related to violence. I had two others approach me with suspicious lines, one an industry partner! Sorry, oif my name is associated with a firearm I need to know it won’t be used in a criminal way and the person receiving it is legal to take possession. I recpercate that respect as a buyer.

I understand all of that and its perfectly reasonable. OTOH I've seen people asking for bill of sale and copy of dl for non firearms (an upper), which seems extreme.

My point was just that sometimes people may refuse to share that information not because they have something to hide, but because they don't trust the seller.

Sorry for the minor thread derail.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Maybe, but not necessarily. The only thing someone would find on me is a citation for failure to use a seatbelt about 6 years ago. However, I'm not fond of the idea of handing a complete stranger a copy of my dl, which includes of course full name, dob, and address.

So... unless the seller is very well established on here, if they were to ask for a copy I would walk away. I'll go to an ffl for what I want instead.

I understand if they aren't comfortable selling, but I'm not comfortable sharing.
    Many FTF sellers will want to see your MD DL to be sure you are a MD resident. Not wanting to provide it could cost you from getting a nice gun at a nice price. I know some that will NOT sell without seeing your DL. I wouldn't.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    If a HBAR AR-15 is cash and carry, why we need to go through FFL when buying a striped AR-15 lower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom