• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    God, it's been a while since I dropped into a gas station in town, other than the Sheetz at 522 and 13. I remember the once across from the DQ, it has/had a Subway in it, there used to be one across the street from the Moose lodge, but it turned into a car dealership. I'm drawing a blank on the one you are talking about.

The only downside to Morgan County is that Wal Mart is in Winchester or Hagerstown, the same holds true for Best Buy and the others. I'm going to miss Sams Club and Costco being as close as they are in Frederick, but that is the price you pay for peace and quiet, so it is worth it I guess.

This could just be a tragic coincidence. But my 02 Silverado and my 01 E150 both started throwing miss fire codes after filling up on regular unleaded at sheets. I know my vehicles are not spring chickens but both have under 100k on them so for it to happen to both at the same time seems suspect.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This could just be a tragic coincidence. But my 02 Silverado and my 01 E150 both started throwing miss fire codes after filling up on regular unleaded at sheets. I know my vehicles are not spring chickens but both have under 100k on them so for it to happen to both at the same time seems suspect.
    I lose fuel economy when I put Sheetz gas in my trucks. Can't stand the stuff.

Good Bye MD, Good idea

Great idea for a thread given the number of people who have fled the state. I think everyone who is a member of this forum and left the state (of which I wish I was one) should post the the date they escaped the PRKM (Peoples Republik of MD) Would make for interesting reading and the soon to be new AG might find it interesting also.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Great idea for a thread given the number of people who have fled the state. I think everyone who is a member of this forum and left the state (of which I wish I was one) should post the the date they escaped the PRKM (Peoples Republik of MD) Would make for interesting reading and the soon to be new AG might find it interesting also.

Sept. 2 (VP Day!), 2017 (not to brag or anything but, we got out while we are still quite young and, as a re$ult, we took a $H*Tload of annual tax, e$tate and eventual inheritance taxe$ with us! :party29:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

August 4, 2017 bound for the Lone Star state, a.k.a. Republic of Texas.

Be sure to pack everything you learned about fighting for your rights because the same stupid stuff crops up where ever you go. Lessons learned in the hearing rooms of Annapolis or on the streets with the Patriot Picket will let you hit the ground running in your new home.

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    Good luck in a move that takes you where you'll find your happiness.

Just a note to those that point out the disparity of our military and armed civilian population in a civil war. Remember these military people come from the civilian side too and have Mom's, Dad's, Brothers, Sisters ect. The military are not robots...and when I served, I served the people.

BrianinMd

Feb 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    I wan't sure where to post this. I don't know if there are any lawmakers/politicians in this group but MD is losing another law abiding tax paying native for friendlier lands. I would have loved to settle in the western hills of our state but I'm tired and don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to help with our rights in the whole nation while enjoying my new freedoms in WV.

NRA
    MSI

Good luck to you!

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I also escaped Maryland. I made the move about 3 months ago. My fiance and I took 2 6 figure salaries with us! I am a native Marylander she is not.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah, you guys are correct. I was rude to have said that. I apologize.

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some ******** and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?

I grew up in Silver Spring before there was a beltway, I moved long ago and never looked back but it is now time to move again this time to Free America!

It appears that you never actually read the second amendment or if I read it wrong please point out where it says "EXCEPT".

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA

July 12th 2018 to Spotsylvania, VA. After 20 plus years the last 2 really did the trick. fred55

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

If memory serves, July 12. 2013, 5pm ish. Rolled into tucson 4 days later. Never a hint of turning into a pillar of salt.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Well it looks like I might be getting added to the list of ones to escape MD. Wednesday the 21st my transfer to my PA office got approved and Friday the 23 I put in an offer on a house. The house is on 6 acres and costs the same as my current house one 1/3 of an acre. Best part is I have avoided getting my HQL and now that I'm moving to a freer state my wife and I will be spending our money there on a few new firearm purchases.

Ernie B

Feb 26, 2008
    Middletown, MD
    After reading thru this thread, I now know I'm not the only one who wishes I could move out of this state! I was born and raised in WV and lived there until I was 31 yrs old. I moved to MD when I got married to my wife, who had a job that I couldn't ask her to leave. However, since the Fall of 2013 gun laws went into effect, I've wanted to move away from here so bad. I've dealt with health problems for the past 20-plus years and shooting sports and a small amount of hunting is just about the only hobby I have left that I can still enjoy. Unless I can convince my wife to move, I'll be stuck here, and the chances of her giving in to moving are slim and none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom