• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Didnt Dan put the ban hammer on "Henry" aka rape whistle?

DNR gave him a temporary ban, haven't seen him lately.

Aside from some early drizzles and the ever constant mud - it was a beautiful day to be on the range, had the range to myself for 20/30 minutes. Didn't get anyone else down there until 3:15/3:30.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    When you are there alone, how do you feel about walking to far end to set up targets, with your weapons and ammo left alone on the table? How do you deal with that issue? Asking to compare notes.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    When you are there alone, how do you feel about walking to far end to set up targets, with your weapons and ammo left alone on the table? How do you deal with that issue? Asking to compare notes.

Honestly, by myself I don't worry too much. Even at the 100/105 yard berm I can still hear movement in the parking area, and sometimes even the people walking down the hill to the firing line.

The days I have an uneasy feeling, I'll pull the bolts out of the rifles and keep the sidearm holstered while I'm down-range. Just in case.

The thing that really gets my attention is when I hear actions being manipulated while I'm downrange, that's always a fun moment. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Its a little creepy when you're along there. But I never go more than 50-60 yards.

I actually find it more comfortable when there alone.

Pop the ear-pro when you go cold, you can hear quite a good amount even downrange. Very rarely has someone been able to make it onto the line without me noticing them.

Situational awareness, always a good thing. :)

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Nah, that's the best part. It means I can concentrate on shooting accurately with my Savage MkII without some numbnuts parking his muzzle brake right next to me at the next bench.:mad54:

Since you love muzzle breaks so much. Let me know next time you go I will bring my 50 BMG with big ass break on it. I am sure it will impress you with the gas's it sends out to the side.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Went for the first time yesterday. All was good until the the kid showed up with his grandfather. Stole one of my targets, consistent rapid fire at my next target, muzzle sweeping, you name it...

If you bring your kids, please make sure they know the basics of firearm safety or gtfo.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Went for the first time yesterday. All was good until the the kid showed up with his grandfather. Stole one of my targets, consistent rapid fire at my next target, muzzle sweeping, you name it...

This is a constant and recurring up at MG. It usually results in me packing-up and going home.:sad20:

I am curious -- how did you resolve this situation? :shrug:

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    This is a constant and recurring up at MG. It usually results in me packing-up and going home.:sad20:

I am curious -- how did you resolve this situation? :shrug:

Good question. I let him take my target and just used another one. Didn't say anything about it because it didn't bother me for some reason. When he shot my second target, that's when I got irritated and asked him to stop. I asked him to read the rules when the rapid fire started. I have no authority, so not much else I could do. I'm guessing a range officer would have asked them to leave.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    full auto

I went to MSAR Saturday and the two guys next to me started shooting full auto. Several tense minutes before an employee showed up to stop them. They were not asked to leave, only told to stop full auto.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I went to MSAR Saturday and the two guys next to me started shooting full auto. Several tense minutes before an employee showed up to stop them. They were not asked to leave, only told to stop full auto.
    Sounds like fun as long as everything is pointed down range and wearing proper hearing protection. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom