• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Pretty badass match barrels. 20", bead blasted, marked HB (Heavy Barrel), full length gas. This are exceptional barrels and will look pretty sweet with our upcoming 17" rail system ;););)

$375.00 Shipping is $15 if you can't make into the shop.

Attachments

• white oak sdm.jpg
      white oak sdm.jpg
      95.7 KB · Views: 1,434
    • DSC_6909.jpg
      DSC_6909.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 1,410

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This barrel will be the foundation for my build along with the forged EA upper and lower that I picked up as well. Thanks, again! Brutus didn't pay any attention to my leg this time. Hmmmm....

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Yes, at least mine was. I assume the new batch is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has a Wylde chamber and a 7" twist, they're the newest batch of the 20" barrel I got from Engage, IIRC, over a year and a half ago. I built up an Engage billet upper and lower set, and have been shooting between 1/2 and 2/3 MOA groups out of that rig to 600 yards. It's a heck of a gun.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If it has a Wylde chamber and a 7" twist, they're the newest batch of the 20" barrel I got from Engage, IIRC, over a year and a half ago. I built up an Engage billet upper and lower set, and have been shooting between 1/2 and 2/3 MOA groups out of that rig to 600 yards. It's a heck of a gun.

What kind of ammo have you been using?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Sweet barrel isn't it?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    What kind of ammo have you been using?

I ran two dozen different ammos through it. It really likes the following in 5.56:

Black Hills 77 grain OTM
    Hornady 75 grain BTHP

None of the other 77 or 69 grain ammos shot as well. SSA, IMI, Winchester, nothing.

In .223, it likes the Australian Outback for accuracy, though I don't recall the grains, but I think its heavy, perhaps 77. All of the .223 offerings suffered more drop than the 5.56 ammos, so I committed to Black Hills 77 OTM and picked up a case.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Sweet barrel isn't it?

Oh my, yes it is. The breach is sealed with a Young Manufacturing National Match BGC, and touched off with a Hiperfire 24C (I like single stage triggers more that 2-stage). I think I am the weak link in the system. I gotta get out to Peacemaker and really stretch it out.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Thanks for the reply! I'll start with those when I get it put together. I ordered a lot of parts for the build yesterday. I think I have some of that Hornady already. (I've only ever done Black Hills in pistol ammo.)

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have one of those barrels on my long range AR. I was using 75 and 77 gr factory ammo. I could never quite get it to group the way I wanted. I finally got a RAS barrel tuner and shot a <1" group at 200yds. I was amazed at how a small twist of the tuner (1mm) could open and close the groups, huge improvement. http://www.rastuners.com/Blog/Entry/9

Check these out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom