• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If you have an iPhone and would rather not get these alarms....

Open "Settings", go to "Notifications". Then scroll all the way to the bottom.

You can turn off "AMBER Alerts", and still leave "Emergency Alerts" enabled, if you wish.

It's not that I don't care about AMBER alerts, but I'd rather not have my phone sound off like a klaxon at 3am, unless there's a tornado or a nuke headed my way.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    It's not that I don't care about AMBER alerts, but I'd rather not have my phone sound off like a klaxon at 3am, unless there's a tornado or a nuke headed my way.

This is the reason I had to disable all these notifications. If there was a way to change how I'm notified, e.g., a less disturbing tone, I'd like to have these notifications. My problem was, I live on the Eastern Shore and every time it rains, I get these "flood warning" alerts at 3 a.m. I really don't need to be startled out of bed every time it rains.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    This is the reason I had to disable all these notifications. If there was a way to change how I'm notified, e.g., a less disturbing tone, I'd like to have these notifications. My problem was, I live on the Eastern Shore and every time it rains, I get these "flood warning" alerts at 3 a.m. I really don't need to be startled out of bed every time it rains.

I felt the same way until the ellicott city flood. I live about a mile from there and still get spooked driving through on rainy days.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

You can turn off "AMBER Alerts", and still leave "Emergency Alerts" enabled, if you wish.

Feel a little guilty, but I turned it off. Thanks. If I had an option within 5 miles, or 2miles I would do that.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Nothing like being in a public place when dozens of phones go off at once.....k

I bet that's creepy.

When I was on duty, if folks phones started going off you knew.

Thank you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We were at a restaurant last night when everyone's phone went off.

Kind of a rude awakening that we are all still tied to the umbilical of the state(so to speak). The Amber alert is the only audible alert I keep active on my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom