• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponybrew

Feb 18, 2017
    I have an old civil war replica bayonet that I'd like to mount on my tactical shotgun. Is the legal in MD?

I understand that this seems dumb. I'm really just interested in sticking it to O'Malley. Just curious. 'Mericah

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Heck, why not? The Hooligans have been known to tape a pointy thing on a Jennings J22.

:innocent0

Attachments

• DSC02964.jpg
      DSC02964.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 495

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well here's a unique first post !

No bayonets on shotguns are not specifically prohibited. Good luck on mounting any of the common bayonets from the War Between the States.

Most aftermarket SG bayonet mounts take M16 or M1 Carbine style bayonets.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

No bayonets on shotguns are not specifically prohibited. Good luck on mounting any of the common bayonets from the War Between the States.

Yep!

At least he posted in the Introductions first, that's a good start. No introduction, just a statement/question; but hey, I'll take it. Ha!

I could only think of one shotgun that comes with a bayonet mount, there must be others. It's not a bad idea for home defense, me-thinks!?!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

OP got right to the point.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    M97 and M12 Winchester Trench Guns from WWI has bayonet mounts for theM1917 Trench Knife aka Knuckleduster. Origional Trench Guns are now highly collectable.

I want to say that at least some Mossberg M590 variants had a bayonet mount, but I'll defer to the people even more into Mossberg trivia than I am .

b7i7l7l7

Nov 10, 2019
    Bayonet

I attached a Vietnam era bayonet to my 9mm Highpoint Carbine,
    You know, Zombie killer:)

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
      IMG_0728.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 399

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    You should never bring a knife to a gun fight but if you do make it a big one !

Attachments

• Knife to a gun.jpg
      Knife to a gun.jpg
      6.6 KB · Views: 503
    • 95.jpg
      95.jpg
      30 KB · Views: 294

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Everyone, there are certain guidelines for life...
    Please remember, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Can apply to a lot of different things like:
    • Bubba-ing Firearms
    • Spandex for certain people
    • Voting Democrat
    • Walking alone in Baltimore at Night
    • Do anything that challenges the laws of physics after you say, "Hold my beer".

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I have an old civil war replica bayonet that I'd like to mount on my tactical shotgun. Is the legal in MD?

I understand that this seems dumb. I'm really just interested in sticking it to O'Malley. Just curious. 'Mericah

As long as you don't literally stick it to O'Malley you should be OK, but IANAL

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia

Once you're done with O'Malley we sure could use guys that think like you down here in Virginia. When gov blackface comes knocking you may hear "Give em the cold steel boys". Cold steel might be all we have left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom