• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So it looks like this is is one of the "emergency bills" that needs taken care of before Wednesday.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Because an unloaded shotgun in your dwelling on your private property is a societal danger, whereas keeping public school meal programs in operation (and open to even those from out of state) is not a threat to public health during the time of an infection pandemic.

What bills are they rushing through to make Marylanders safe from COVID-19?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    What bills are they rushing through to make Marylanders safe from COVID-19?

You really don't want to know. I've seen a LOT of things flying through. I took the time to read many of them. ARGH! Taxes, government powers, loss of liberty. It's a true 21st Century Maryland - very much like something John Galt would recognize.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I'll keep an eye out. They didn't suspend the rules to do two readings on the same session. So, it will be third read and then has to float to the house into committee and out. They can work the ram if they are extremely motivated. Would not be the first time.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    They've got plenty of saved up days, since they haven't had to spend too many yet on weekend sessions. Those can be used to work the ram pretty well. They might add some KY to reduce friction.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any exception in this one (or the transfer bill*) for kids with hunter safety permits? Can unload firearms be unlocked at home? These kids have already undergone firearms safety training and may need access to a firearm at home (and yes, I realize that any responsible kid could ... wild animals are known to break into homes as happened in Frederick County a couple of years back). Obviously if they have friends over, this type of legislation is problematic

*(extending this to when a minor is hunting with a firearm owned by a parent ... because if they're entrusted with a loaded firearm, why not an unloaded one at home)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Any exception in this one (or the transfer bill*) for kids with hunter safety permits?

Can unload firearms be unlocked at home? These kids have already undergone firearms safety training and may need access to a firearm at home (and yes, I realize that any responsible kid could ... wild animals are known to break into homes as happened in Frederick County a couple of years back). Obviously if they have friends over, this type of legislation is problematic

That's currently the law of the land in Maryland. This bill removes that.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    This is just wrong. Every bill passed without the public being able to voice their concerns should be null and void. Period.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is just wrong. Every bill passed without the public being able to voice their concerns should be null and void. Period.

Didn't some OP point out a provision in the MD Constitution about the need for public comment before a bill can be passed? :shrug:

What? Living document? National emergency? Oh... Never mind.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's currently the law of the land in Maryland. This bill removes that.
    Thanks. So we should simply transfer long guns at home to minors with hunter safety permits because I don't think possession is outlawed (just access to mine). Many likely possess already. Just need to buy them their own cheapo Sentry Safes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom