• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    I have a buddy with some properties in Cecil county. one of the first things I did with him was an eviction. Now the boyfriend was in jail for armed robbery. I have no doubt if he was there then we would have had trouble. He knows it is a longshot but my buddy is going to try to find out about a non-resident Maryland permit. He told me that you are supposed to be able to keep an unloaded gun in the truck.

We had a county sheriff come to do the eviction.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I assume felony murder is like capital murder. If a murder occurs during the course of committing a felony, you could be charged with murder if you participated in the felony -even if you weren't the one to pull the trigger.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a buddy with some properties in Cecil county. one of the first things I did with him was an eviction. Now the boyfriend was in jail for armed robbery. I have no doubt if he was there then we would have had trouble. He knows it is a longshot but my buddy is going to try to find out about a non-resident Maryland permit. He told me that you are supposed to be able to keep an unloaded gun in the truck.

We had a county sheriff come to do the eviction.

Pretty sure there is no MD non-resident permit.

Non-prohibited persons may transport unloaded long guns in MD.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Pretty sure there is no MD non-resident permit.

Non-prohibited persons may transport unloaded long guns in MD.
    Maryland permits are available to non residents who can meet G&S requirements. Owning rentals or a business in Maryland will work.

See handgunlaw.us for "non-resident" details

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I've been browsing the same thread over on the S&W forum, and there are lunatics ranting that the constable is at fault for not knowing his backdrop and being a horrible shot for striking the father in the arm.

If he shot the father center mass those same idiots would be saying he should have just shot the gun out of his hand or only wound him. :sad20:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    what is G&S ???

Also what are the basic prices on a MD permit

G&S = Good and Substantial reason for needing the permit which is the linchpin of the state police "May Deny" system of selectively issuing permits.

Before spending any money you should review the many threads on the subject of permits in the Maryland 2A Issues section because permits are notoriously hard to get in Maryland so it is best to calculate your probability of success before spending for the up front costs like training.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    I've been browsing the same thread over on the S&W forum, and there are lunatics ranting that the constable is at fault for not knowing his backdrop and being a horrible shot for striking the father in the arm.

I can see their standpoint. If that had been a concealed carry holder that had the firearm drawn on him, and shot the father and then have the bullet penetrate the arm and kill the daughter, they would blame the firearm holder, because it didn't make sure of his backdrop.

The constable should be held to the same standard. If you feel that there would be no backlash against a CCL holder killer the daughter by accident then what I wrote doesn't matter.

If you think that there would be backlash, then it is time to hold our public officials to the same standards.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    G&S = Good and Substantial reason for needing the permit which is the linchpin of the state police "May Deny" system of selectively issuing permits.

Before spending any money you should review the many threads on the subject of permits in the Maryland 2A Issues section because permits are notoriously hard to get in Maryland so it is best to calculate your probability of success before spending for the up front costs like training.

Thanks. I wonder if the liberals will ever demand G&S for voting?

I take it "Look no further than Baltimore" will work.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I can see their standpoint. If that had been a concealed carry holder that had the firearm drawn on him, and shot the father and then have the bullet penetrate the arm and kill the daughter, they would blame the firearm holder, because it didn't make sure of his backdrop.

The constable should be held to the same standard. If you feel that there would be no backlash against a CCL holder killer the daughter by accident then what I wrote doesn't matter.

If you think that there would be backlash, then it is time to hold our public officials to the same standards.

Sometimes you just don't have the time to give everything a lot of thought when someone has a rifle pointed at your chest and is going to shoot you. It was the fathers fault not the constable that was defending himself in a split second decision. Lets put you in that spot and see how you react. As a 26 year LEO I would have fired at him to defend myself. I'm going to do my best to go home at he end of the shift. The civilian should not/would not be serving in the same capacity of the constable and would have no need to be there. Nobody wants to be in that situation but self defense wins here. Very sad for all involved but the constable did nothing wrong. You sound very anti-law enforcement. As far as being help to "standards" do you watch the news these days?:sad20:

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    5.56blaster, I am not anti-law enforcement as much as I am against special protection for government officials. I am tired of, it is against the law to do something unless you are law enforcement.

There is getting to be a push for stripping public officials of immunity, as was evident in a chicago public hearing last night concerning what citizens are looking for in a new police commissioner after the firing of McCarthy last month.

As a civilian if I defend myself and have a stray bullet that kills or injures a bystander, I can be held criminally responsible, If a law enforcement officer does the same thing, Here is $5M for your trouble, and the cop goes back to work tomorrow. Now there is some sarcasm there so don't read too much into.

This may be just the perspective of what I see on the news. But it seems like there are a lot of times where it appears where officers needlessly put themselves in harms way and then claim self defense. I guess in other words, I don't believe law enforcement should be able to create the situation that then requires them to defend themselves. I know this doesn't quite articulate my thoughts but maybe somebody can interpret what I am trying to say.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    What you see on the news? Furgason? Baltimore? "Put themselves in harms way and claim self defense."? Really.? Wow. Police just love to get involved in domestic violence or the insane or the ones on dope or have a wish to die or kill cops. "What I see on the news". Create a situation? Who made them show up? Not them. Do you have a tin foil hat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom