• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I was looking at the MSP web site, and kind of surprised to see a Rock River CAR4 listed specifically as not banned.

My FFL had told me Rock River refuses to sell to MD these days, thanks to the former governor and some of the letters that the former AG had sent to AR-15 manufacturers. They just don't want to mess with us.

Obviously someone asked MSP for a ruling on a bunch of these, and these are fairly new entries on their list (only a few months old).

Anyone know what the deal is, and has anyone heard anything if Rock River might be reconsidering?

EDIT: looking a little deeper comparing the RRA catalog to the MSP web site, I wonder if MSP screwed up posting on the web site and really meant all those "not banned" models are LAR-47 models of what they are listing there, and not LAR-15 models? The web site does follow the exact same order as the catalog sheet in the LAR-47 section. I was hoping they were :LAR-15 since it doesn't say, but taking this in context now I think they are not. MSP if you are reading this and you meant LAR-47 then please clarify those entries.

Many of the LAR-15's are HBARs, I wish someone would get them to specifically put those on the list, but HBARs don't seem to get listed there so they are probably OK anyway. It would just help Rock River to start offering them for sale if they were listed.

EDIT 2: I did find an HBAR listed on the MSP site! "The LWRCI M6 is a “heavy barrel” copy of a Colt AR15 and as such exempted from the definition of regulated firearms pursuant to Maryland’s Public Safety Article, Title 5, Sub-Title 1."

So there we finally have some definitive verbage that "heavy barrel copies" of Colt AR-15's are OK! This brings this murky issue a little more out where we can see it. Thank you MSP Licensing Division! Keep up the good work.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Here's the list for Maryland

Attachments

• rra.jpg
      rra.jpg
      132.1 KB · Views: 347

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    in regards to the MSP and if certain RRA are legal, the MSP has the firearm knowledge of your average 80 year old grand mother

for example take the following piston AR's and the MSP determination
    the sig 516 banned
    the HK MR223, ok, because non interchangeable parts with the colt AR15
    and the LWRC m6, ok, because HBAR

and through in that the sig mcx is on the ban list, one cant take any determination they make seriously

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Hmm a friend ordered a RRA complete upper last year with no issues. I am assuming they are just not selling/shipping complete firearms in MD or this is a newer policy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom