• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    this is ridiculous on it's face, these are primarily rifle cartridges. That's like saying that just because someone made an Obrez pistol that suddenly all 7.62x54r steel core is armor piercing handgun ammunition. I'm getting really tired of the ATF throwing it's weight around and doing extremely shady things without having to go through the due process of law.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    this is ridiculous on it's face, these are primarily rifle cartridges. That's like saying that just because someone made an Obrez pistol that suddenly all 7.62x54r steel core is armor piercing handgun ammunition. I'm getting really tired of the ATF throwing it's weight around and doing extremely shady things without having to go through the due process of law.

We dun need no steeenkin due process.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I bought a can this morning. Even if this proposal gets stopped the ammo will be sold out everywhere by the end of this weekend and impossible to get for months afterwards.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Thanks for posting.

Those d1cks. They're using the advent of AR pistols as pretext to regulate armor penetrating ammo from handguns, noting the recent proliferation of these types of firearms.

It's not even AP ammo by any definition. Any 5.56 ammo will defeat soft body armor.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ... And that will be next... As soon as they get this to go through... :mad54:

"Hunting rifles" have never been on the anti's lists, have they? In the safe next to my AR's I have a .458 Win Mag. That'll ruin your day. Other "hunting" calibers will do the same. Are there a lot of cops getting killed by armor piercing rounds and "cop-killer" bullets?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sounds like "arbitrary and capricious" to me. It also sounds like someone at the top got pissed off that the sig-brace event happened and wants to slap the wrists of gun-owners that made "AR-pistols" relatively common in the past couple years.

The "officer safety" side of the argument is absurd to me. The ATF and lawmakers are shirking blame for infringing on our rights by using LEOs as a political prop. It's disgusting. It's also pretty antithetical to the intent of the 2A. "...shall not be infringed" is pretty clear. In reading writings of the time, it's also pretty clear that the founding fathers would be much more interested in the safety of the citizens than the safety of a governmental enforcement agent. They seemed to like the idea that people should have every ability to fight their own government, should it become oppressive. The "officer safety" argument to infringe on the 2A is directly opposed to the founder's mindset in crafting the 2A.

Looks like I may have to make a trip for some 5.56. I wonder what the next round of infringements will look like. We have a long way to go until january 2017. I'm also thinking there's about zero percent chance a republican president would make gun rights a priority in any kind of way....especially in the first term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom