• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I have been going out to the Poolesville chapter since my father became a member back in the 70s and I became a member over 10 years ago. The place has changed a lot in 40+ years, especially all the construction on the rifle range. But they have over 500 acres and have added property holdings to protect the chapter. It is a great place to enjoy the woods and has a very nice 3D archery range. I go out there a few times in the winter for squirrel hunting and rarely see anyone, even with about 1,000 members. Not too many show up when I am out there. We have taken the kids out to the family camp outs in the fall and that is fun too. Some of the rules are needed given what you have to deal with in MoCo.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I think the waivers are a good idea. there was a person ("guest") who tripped at the shotgun range and broke an ankle or something and sued and the chapter had to pay out... it takes all of 1 minutes to fill out and prevents people like that from suing the club

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I think the waivers are a good idea. there was a person ("guest") who tripped at the shotgun range and broke an ankle or something and sued and the chapter had to pay out... it takes all of 1 minutes to fill out and prevents people like that from suing the club
    Why did the person trip and fall: because they didn't fill out a form? There's only one reason that the club's insurance would have had to pay out: a building code violation (the club was in fact responsible). The form would not have prevented this lawsuit.

If the club believes that these forms absolve them of the responsibility of making sure that they construct and maintain safe facilities, they are sorely mistaken. Other IWLAs in the area don't have them.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sadly, the chapter is slowly turning libtard over the last several years. A recent example is the liability release form that everyone has to sign in order to use the range. It is over the top filled with silly details like, '.... will not hold the club liable for bee stings and insect bites ...' The details and length of this form scream that the organization is being lead by government bureaucrats. Other examples are range rules that limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 10 (legacy 1994 ban). Thankfully there are some new Board of Directors folks that are really stand up guys and close friends. They work their buts off to make it one of, if not the, best IWLAs in the country. Just remember that this is a conservation organization NOT a gun club. There are a lot of hunters their.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I was a member and ERO for ~15 years and left the club when I moved away from Poolesville. Up until 12 or 15 years ago the round limit in a magazine was eight (the same as an M1).
    I always had the feeling that the rifle/pistol range was just tolerated. I joined the Jefferson Co. WVA IWLA and now have a 200 yard range to shoot on and reactive pistol targets, but I do miss Tom and his shooting matches at the BCC IWLA.

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    The Rockville Chapter where I am a member might be more convenient for you since you are in DC. Unfortunately the trap/skeet range is closed there too. The outdoor pistol range is nice and they also have an outdoor rifle range.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I go there with Ken occasionally as a guest. Everyone there is very nice and the range is maintained pretty well. They have targets, benches, blocks, and sand bags to use.
    M39_zpsf94d3ebe.jpg

jayhill

May 17, 2015
    I was a member at BCC IWLA and always enjoyed the people and the facilities. It is a nice place with nice people. I miss it.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Why did the person trip and fall: because they didn't fill out a form? There's only one reason that the club's insurance would have had to pay out: a building code violation (the club was in fact responsible). The form would not have prevented this lawsuit.

If the club believes that these forms absolve them of the responsibility of making sure that they construct and maintain safe facilities, they are sorely mistaken. Other IWLAs in the area don't have them.

Being aware of potential liability and accepting risks in order to participate in a certain activity is always helpful when it comes to litigation. Just because other IWLAs doesn't mean it is not useful. It means that the others have exposure.

There are certainly more lawyers in Bethesda-Chevy Chase than Damascus or elsewhere.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Great facility, great people. Never had a problem with anyone or anything at BCC IWLA. Follow the rules and you will do just fine and have a great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom