• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I understand price gouging. It’s not for me. I’ve given away a good amount of ammo and lent quite a few guns over the past couple of weeks. I am willing to help a friend in need. In turn, I have friends I can turn to. I feel badly that there are so many people who have nobody to count on.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I understand price gouging. It’s not for me. I’ve given away a good amount of ammo and lent quite a few guns over the past couple of weeks. I am willing to help a friend in need. In turn, I have friends I can turn to. I feel badly that there are so many people who have nobody to count on.

I have been helped out numerous times by members here(not everyone's a clown bigot). We really need a "Thank You" thread, just for all the random acts of kindness from this board. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes, of course. And the good thing about $12 toilet paper is that it means no one is buying it to hoard, and furthermore manufacturers are going to kill themselves to ramp up toilet paper production as fast as possible which will push the prices back down.

Toilet paper that’s expensive but available is useful. Toilet paper that’s on sale but out of stock because some jackass bought 10x more than needed is not helpful.

It depends on who is getting the extra.

The manufacturer may be getting the same price per roll as before. But the final retailer is the one marking it up a LOT.

And if it is change price across the entire supply chain, that is not gouging.

What CTD does is gouging. They take existing stock and mark it up 2, 3, 4, 5 times the price.

And more against them, is cancelling orders to relist at higher prices.

It depends on who is getting the extra.

The manufacturer may be getting the same price per roll as before. But the final retailer is the one marking it up a LOT.

And if it is change price across the entire supply chain, that is not gouging.

What CTD does is gouging. They take existing stock and mark it up 2, 3, 4, 5 times the price.

And more against them, is cancelling orders to relist at higher prices.

THIS is the problem with them.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I wanted to purchase a couple packs of M-Lok rail covers for a new 458 Socom build last night. These normally go for $12 to $13 for a pack of 6 of small plastic covers. I could find them at 7-8 stores online but not the color I wanted so I Googled them. I actually saw them listed at CTD for $21 a pack. I kept looking and finally found them for their standard $12 price.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Meanwhile PSA continues to pump out guns and gear at great values. It's nice to see the "common use" companies supporting the 2a through providing access to arms. Their QC may not always be superb, but their values are pretty solid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200412-093744_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200412-093744_Chrome.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 282

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Meanwhile PSA continues to pump out guns and gear at great values. It's nice to see the "common use" companies supporting the 2a through providing access to arms. Their QC may not always be superb, but their values are pretty solid.

Unless they arbitrarily decide they don't want to sell to you because you are in MD....used to like PSA...now they can suck it...

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Unless they arbitrarily decide they don't want to sell to you because you are in MD....used to like PSA...now they can suck it...

Yeah, this. I ditched them a few years ago because they stopped shipping ammo to MoCo. They don't understand (or care?) about state preemption, so I shop elsewhere.

Been boycotting CTD since 2013, I saw the scams they pulled on people then.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    PSA rasied their prices on just about everything by $50 once the panic started. They're no better than CTD.

GrabaGun and Kentucky still have great deals.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    PSA rasied their prices on just about everything by $50 once the panic started. They're no better than CTD.

GrabaGun and Kentucky still have great deals.

As long as they didn't cancel prior orders to resell the same goods at inflated prices, I am good with their adjusting prices to reflect the new demand.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I am not a fan of gouging. One theory is that it prevents hoarding, which is probably true.

Prevents hoarding and inspires manufacturers to ramp up manufacturing.

I am 100% OK with "price gouging", but not OK with cancelling legitimate orders only to resell stock at a higher price.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Prevents hoarding and inspires manufacturers to ramp up manufacturing.

I am 100% OK with "price gouging", but not OK with cancelling legitimate orders only to resell stock at a higher price.

Yeah - the free market thing works both ways; screw me in a sellers market, but don't cry when I go elsewhere when I have a choice.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    That is the real question. Too bad the free market doesn't take care of it. I used to buy from CTD. I have not since 2013. Hopefully more people will see it.

I would argue that canceling orders and then reselling the same product for more money is price gouging.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    They cancelled on me as well but I have not gone back...I bought 2k from Natchez @ 289 ea Free Shipping and no Taxes recently.That is who I have been dealing with for a Couple years.I got a Rossi in 357 Stainless that has been great also.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    2 more cents

If we gathered the 2 cents from each person we could purchase and distribute an extra box of ammo :-)

While I'm at it, I agree with what appears to be the prevailing sentiment...I wouldn't necessarily raise prices by 200% if I were a retailer, but they have every right to do so (and I might not stay in business long). On the other hand, it is unethical to sell something to multiple people...just like airlines selling too many seats on a flight...after the first person has paid their money, the item has already been purchased.

On the other hand, while I won't be dealing with CTD, I did place an order on BassPro on March 2, including a tumbler and powder scale (I handload) and 10 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass. The powder scale came in a couple of days, tumbler got tracking info and FedEx said they delivered it but they didn't and the 9mm got backordered. I called them up and they reshipped the tumbler (to a different address, I'm working from home now) which I got a couple of days later. Then, to my surprise, last week I also received the 9mm...no markup and the price from March 2 was actually pretty good or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I was surprised to see this thread and glad to know I'm not the only guy who remembers the gouging from a few years ago. Can't stand these guys and I refuse to buy from them since the last go round of crazy prices.
    That being said, I completely understand reasonable and appropriate price increases. That's not what they are doing.

I have not admittedly read the whole thread, but price gouging on essential items is illegal in times of crisis (National Pandemic).
    Ammo is certainly essential in my book! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom